Cannot customize menu appearance from Upfront Builder

Hello,

I’m using Upfront Issue theme.

Whenever I try to custom the appearance of my top bar menu, via Upfront Builder, clicking on the menu, then cog icon, then Appearance section, it always revert back to default.

If I add a new Preset appearance, it is applied and it seems fine, but when I click on SAVE THEME, although I see it correctly in Upfront Builder, it is not displayed correctly (that is with my customized style) live on my site.

Refreshing Upfront Builder, I see the menu indeed back with the old style.

Same thing happens if I edit the DEFAULT NAVIGATION appearance, or any other appearance style.

Please help, thanks!

Site is still offline, cannot grant you support access yet.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Roby,

Hope you are doing good today and welcome to WPMU DEV :slight_smile:

I could replicate this issue on my own test site running the latest Upfront Builder and Upfront parent theme.

The preset does not appears to get saved/exported. Its happening with other elements like button too.

I am marking it as confirmed bug and notifying the developer so it could be fixed up as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, you can add the CSS in Upfront -> Theme Settings -> Global Theme CSS.

I am sorry but I am unable to provide an ETA of when exactly it will be fixed and released at the moment. However, I will do ask developer to provide a quick patch or beta before the actual public release if possible. Please keep an eye on this ticket for updates.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Sajid – WPMU DEV Support

• Lex
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I also am having this problem too. I am yet to get any plugin from this site working out of the box and its now really starting to annoy. Second project I’ve tried to start with upfront builder to find it still has problems. :frowning2:

• Lex
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I can confirm after wasting the last 8+ hours on this, instead of creating a theme for my client, that hardly anything works in builder…its practically worthless! Completely sporadic in how it saves and should not be pitching itself as the solution that it is…

• Roby
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Yeah, I keep having issue when saving some themes (changes are not reflected in the live site, even though I use only Upfront Builder and resets the theme!), regions, background regions and other elements… very buggy imho… :slight_frown:

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Roby :slight_smile:

I am sorry to hear the plugin did not worked as expected on your environment out of the box. In case, you find any issue with a plugin please create a separate ticket for each one of those so we could assist you further.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Sajid – WPMU DEV Support

• Roby
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Update: I tried editing using Editor then resetting layout from Upfront -> General: did not help.

I tried deleting my page, creating a new one, reapplying the template and that seems to be working atm.

Still have problems on other pages, would be extremely important to understand when/why/how this happens!

Thanks

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Roby

could you please provide in the meantime the exact piece of CSS I need to add to global.css in order to change menu font site and menu color?

You can change the menu's font size from the Menu Element's settings > Appearance. Please see the attached screenshot:

As for background color, you can change the background color of the region. Edit the region by clicking on the pencil icon, open region settings and change the background color. Please see the attached screenshot:

Still have problems on other pages, would be extremely important to understand when/why/how this happens!

Just to clarify, the problem is that the changes made inside the Upfront Builder won't apply to your themes after a reset?

This looks a different issue. To not confuse the issues here, please create a new thread in out forums and grant access to your site so we could investigate this issue upclose.

You can create a new thread here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.