Cannot customize the Spirit theme. Upfront : "Please, hold on for just a little bit more"

I am unable to customise the Spirit theme, or any WMPUDEV theme's. I have checked the default wordpress theme, no problems when it is active.
I installed the theme through the WPMU Dev dashboard and I have deleted the files and installed it again with no further luck.
There are no plugins running (except prosites which I disabled).
Upfront just gives the message "Please, hold on for just a little bit more". Customize just reloads the page into 'edit' mode but nothing appears with or without upfront enabled.
Any assistance on this would be great thanks.
I have enabled support access through the WPMU DEV dashboard if you need a closer look.

• Sajid

Hi @Nathan

Hope you are doing good today and welcome to WPMUDEV :slight_smile:

I logged in on your website to see the issue myself. After clicking on upfront edit link I got 403 forbidden errors in console log (screenshot). It means your server is not allowing the access to the files that are required for upfront to load.

To fix this issue please add following line of code in wp-confign.php before the line that says "/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */"

define('UPFRONT_DEBUG_LEVELS', 'dependencies');

If the issue still there you might need to add following line of code in .htaccess or in Apache configuration, if you have access to.

<Directory &quot;/var/www/html&quot;>
      AllowOverride All

If you are not sure how to do that, then you might talk to your host to this change for you.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid