Cannot Edit Media with Mapped Domains

I am using Domain Mapping, and just noticed the edit media link is broken. The source of the frame pulls from

originalsubdomain.maindomain.tld/etc/etc/etc

So it errors.

If have dashboard use
originalsub.maindomain.tld instead of mappedomain.tld; it works fine.

It also lets me upload, it is just the EDIT media function messing up.

Suggestions?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

That's really bizarre. Especially with it set to use original subdomain in dashboard, that should be the default link regardless.

Do you have a site that doesn't have domain mapping activated. Can you test and make sure the link works on that sub-domain?

Also, we can test using the same link but instead of:
    originalsubdomain.maindomain.tld/etc/etc/etc

use
    mappeddomain.tld/etc/etc/etc

If it works, we know for sure domain mapping is doing something screwy there. I'll ask the developer to chime in with feedback as well.

Do let us know. Thanks!

• in-mn
    • The Crimson Coder

Hey mason. Original domain works fine but mapped domain breaks things in dashboard.

So the 50 million dollar question, how will this impact plugins like ultimate Facebook or comments plus where they need domain specific integration. Like a PayPal or stripe payment listener should be just fine (I would think), but would this cause problems elsewhere. Ie if original.domain.tld is used and traffic or requests coming from public side of mapped domain.tld?

Also design faux pas as well
    If we use original, it's sites users may squawk. Like customers of little value do

I course the vary nice think from an admin standpoint I'm not having to login to each domain to support the subsites.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hmmm,

Yeah, if you're using Facebook and comments plus you'll want to use the mapped domain setting rather than original domain.

That's odd that the media editing is broken though. I've just gone in with one of my installs and verified that media editing works with the mapped domain activated.

What is the link that is breaking for you?

• in-mn
    • The Crimson Coder

Any site. I can add media, but when i go back into edit post, it is gone.

I believe its due to the ajax

It is only editing media, not uploading.

The lack of mapped domain is pretty frustrating. I may have to switch to a diff domain map plugin

• in-mn
    • The Crimson Coder

did a contact form, maybe it makes it your way.

But looking at source.. Here is my take on problem

Frame that pops the tinyMCE is calling original-blog.network.tld as source.

Tiny mce has all sorts of scripts that load.

...you are not allowed to load scripts in a frame from a different domain. Since the tinymce frame is NOT mappeddomain.com - its breaking

I would like to let you log in and view it.

@Mason could you let me know how to conact you?

• in-mn
    • The Crimson Coder

Ok mason,

Did a fresh install. Same issue. There is no way this will work as the mapped domain dashboard loads original domain mce editor if you click on media that is in the visual editor.

i have tested the MU Domain Mapping from Ron, et all, and that works fine.

(on a fresh install)

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings in-mn,

Thank you for all your feedback and patience while our development team worked on resolving these types of issues with our Domain Mapping plugin.

We are now a few versions ahead (version 3.1.3 is current as of this posting) then where we were a month or so ago.

Please advise if the issue persists.

Cheers, Joe

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it's been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I'd check in to see how you're going?

As Joe mentioned:

We are now a few versions ahead (version 3.1.3 is current as of this posting) then where we were a month or so ago.

Please advise if the issue persists.

If you're still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.