Cannot Edit Sites

I know these questions have been asked before and I've scoured the community q&a's, but I still can't figure things out. I really wish these plugins would come with 'read me' docs.

I have Pro Sites Installed with Blog Templates. Here are my issues:

1. I created new sites, but I get the "oops page doesn't exist" error. I read something about wildcard and not needing it for directories. I don't know what that means.

2. I disabled the free level by checking the "pay to blog" module, but wp-signup.php still doesn't require payment. I even used a different browser where I am just a guest to the site to sign up, and still the same.

3. Can I add the ability to purchase and/or add custom domains on the sign up page?

4. How do I remove the "account only" option at sign up?

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

1. I created new sites, but I get the "oops page doesn't exist" error. I read something about wildcard and not needing it for directories. I don't know what that means.

So this happens when visiting the new site? Is it a cPanel page?

Can I see a screenshot please?

If you are using a subdomain installation then you will need wild card setting up. If you are not sure how to do that then you might want to ask your host it would only take them a couple of moments to sort out for you.

2. I disabled the free level by checking the "pay to blog" module, but wp-signup.php still doesn't require payment. I even used a different browser where I am just a guest to the site to sign up, and still the same.

Pro Sites is a blog upgrade plugin, so first they must have a blog before they can upgrade it.

The process is signup with WordPress, then there are multiple pointers about upgrading the blog. Using Pay To Blog will redirect them to the payment options when they log into their site.

3. Can I add the ability to purchase and/or add custom domains on the sign up page?

That isn't possible with this plugin, you would need to either be a registrar or a reseller with one, for example eNom.

WHMCS can handle this:

http://whmcs.com

We do have a plugin which integrates WHMCS with WordPress Multisite to sell blogs and sell domains:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/whmcs-multisite-provisioning

This would work with our Domain Mapping plugin:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/domain-mapping

4. How do I remove the "account only" option at sign up?

Would you not want people registering with your site to comment and interact? Or must people who register on your network only be site webmasters?

This thread should help you:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-to-remove-just-a-user-account-from-registeration

5. I see all the installed plugins on the plugins page, but not all (non-network activated) plugins show up for the "premium plugins" selection page.

I'm not sure I follow the question here, but think I understand.

Network activated plugins will not show on your users site or within the Pro Sites admin area for premium selection because they are already activated.

If its about plugin showing on user sites they should show for their levels unless they are network only plugins.

Take care.

• samantha_masinsin

Timothy, I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions. I have replied to your responses below. I didn't include my original questions to save space. I hope that's okay.

1. So this happens when visiting the new site? Is it a cPanel page?

Can I see a screenshot please?

If you are using a subdomain installation then you will need wild card setting up. If you are not sure how to do that then you might want to ask your host it would only take them a couple of moments to sort out for you.

I contacted my host about the wildcard. They told me to add subdomain with an asterisk (*). I had to wait a while before the subdomains of the prosites worked. Unfortunately I had to open a support ticket because there were no WP installations for the prosites. Will update this when I hear back.

2. Pro Sites is a blog upgrade plugin, so first they must have a blog before they can upgrade it.

The process is signup with WordPress, then there are multiple pointers about upgrading the blog. Using Pay To Blog will redirect them to the payment options when they log into their site.

Could I get away with my intention to have people register for paid sites by offering a #day free trial rather than a free account/level?

3. That isn't possible with this plugin, you would need to either be a registrar or a reseller with one, for example eNom.

WHMCS can handle this: http://whmcs.com

We do have a plugin which integrates WHMCS with WordPress Multisite to sell blogs and sell domains: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/whmcs-multisite-provisioning

This would work with our Domain Mapping plugin: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/domain-mapping

Basically I just want to create a web hosting network, but without having to do a reseller program with a host or involve cPanel for my hostees. My goal is for them to basically sign up a site and as soon as they're registered they can log into a premade wordpress site.

I still don't understand the Domain Mapping thing.

4. Would you not want people registering with your site to comment and interact? Or must people who register on your network only be site webmasters?

This thread should help you: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-to-remove-just-a-user-account-from-registeration

SOLVED! This worked. Thank you!

5. I'm not sure I follow the question here, but think I understand.

Network activated plugins will not show on your users site or within the Pro Sites admin area for premium selection because they are already activated.

If its about plugin showing on user sites they should show for their levels unless they are network only plugins.

I am testing all my network admin modifications with the site admin side so I assumed that it was set at the highest level.

If I just add plugins to a particular template, do I still have to have "premium plugins" module activated?

Also I have the "auto activate" option checked, yet that action doesn't occur.

• Timothy Bowers

Hey again.

I contacted my host about the wildcard. They told me to add subdomain with an asterisk (*). I had to wait a while before the subdomains of the prosites worked. Unfortunately I had to open a support ticket because there were no WP installations for the prosites. Will update this when I hear back.

When you say there were no WP installations for the prosites, I'm not sure how you mean, sorry?

Could I get away with my intention to have people register for paid sites by offering a #day free trial rather than a free account/level?

Sure this would let them get in, set their site up and then it expire and then cut them off after the time frame. Good promotional thing as well with a try before you buy type of thing.

Basically I just want to create a web hosting network, but without having to do a reseller program with a host or involve cPanel for my hostees. My goal is for them to basically sign up a site and as soon as they're registered they can log into a premade wordpress site.

I still don't understand the Domain Mapping thing.

You don't have to do a reseller program or involve cPanel. Even though WHMCS does all that doesn't mean you have to use it for that.

You could just use it to sell domain names and set up sites within your WordPress multisite network. WHMCS also offer a leasing option so you don't need a reseller account or to buy it outright.

The domain mapping plugin will let your map a domain name to a blog within your multisite. So lets assume this is your basic set up:

domain.com <-- your main site/network
    subsite.domain.com <-- sub site within network
    subsite2.domain.com <-- sub site within network

Lets also assume that subsite2.domain.com is your clients site but they don't want subsite2.domain.com to be their url but instead want their own domain name like superclients-domain.com Well with this plugin you can make their blog at subsite2.domain.com resolve with superclients-domain.com instead thus making it look like its own independent website.

Hope that clarifies?

I am testing all my network admin modifications with the site admin side so I assumed that it was set at the highest level.

Also I have the "auto activate" option checked, yet that action doesn't occur.

The site admin should only be able to activate plugins which are available to their level or lower.

Auto activate should happen as they upgrade and move on to that level. Are you adding auto activate once the site was setup?

If I just add plugins to a particular template, do I still have to have "premium plugins" module activated?

I still don't follow this, sorry?

How do you add plugins to templates?

If you wish to offer premium plugins then this should be activated in your Pro Sites admin.

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.