"Cannot find site" error when visiting sub-domain.

Sub-domain shows in dashboard, i can edit it via edit tab, but get "Cannot find site" error when visiting sub-domain.

wp-config is set correctly, htaccess is set up correctly, wildcard sub-domain are set up correctly!

Any Idea's where to look from there?

• aecnu

Greetings Mark,

Hey buddy since we are both using cPanel I would not be surprised that if indeed there is a cPanel bug that we would both be effected - it is cPanel.

Outside of what HG says and looking into your installation I do not find the zn1.org listed as a domain.

I see that you mentioned a domain in this ticket.

Aha! I do see the webdisk entry in the DNS but I do not think this is the issue. I think the issue if it is indeed webdisk is therefore in the httpd.conf file where they (cPanel) has made this entry.

What other sub domains from WordPress or other domains are you having this issue with? If any?

I think I may have an answer but we need to see if propagation clears it up.

Please advise as to this issue with any other domains?

Cheers, Joe

• Mark Wallace

Hi Joe!

zn1.org

This is a test site still on HG shared hosting, my account is paid through 16th lol

What ever you did worked, because the we4fun multisite is now creating and reconizing ne sites, and i can "visit" them! Thank You! Thank You!

What other sub domains from WordPress or other domains are you having this issue with? If any?

I have not set any other Domain NS yet, i am rushing to complete we4fun before the the 1st, after that i will be creating about 10 cPanels and setting the domain NS to them. about 8 of these will multisites.

These are not as rushed, and i can do one at a time and let you know, if it will help you out. Will be doing the next one on the 1st.

"Remeber I chose to rebuild all the sites from the other cPanel rather then transfer them; starting to wonder if that was a wise choice, but with victor helping me understand ajax, i am able to shrink we4fun down to under 80,000 pages rather then the 5.3 million pages. <<< much easier to manage! Just a lot to get done in under a week :disappointed:

Again i need to focus on finishing this NetWork for the next 36 hours. Afteer that i will set all domain NS to the server, I will let you know either way if the next multisite has an issue, if it does then i will create the other multisite per your request to help resolve this.

Thanks Joe!
    Be Blessed!

• aecnu

Greetings Mark,

What ever you did worked, because the we4fun multisite is now creating and reconizing ne sites, and i can "visit" them! Thank You! Thank You!

This is why you are dumping them and going with WPMU Hosting Mark! ... lol

Though I may not know too much about coding WordPress not being a coder, when it comes to networks and servers :smiley:

By the way HG is on the wrong track ... lol As I mentioned earlier I did not think this was the issue and those like HG and Blue Host - I am not going to fix their networks/servers.

Anyway, happy that we got you going again and if you ever have issues like this one here - Just let Joe know - I will take care of it!

Have a GREAT New Year!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.