Cannot get "google analytics" to show for other sites

I set up my google analytics account and see it displayed in dashboard of the "network" admin and the "main site" admin.
I read through the "usage" and "detail" page of the plugin.
but i cannot get the google analytics to display on the dashboard of a "user" admin.

"Just create a new account and enter the new account into the settings"
what new account and where ? a new google account ?
i have to create a new google account manually for every sub-domain ?
what settings ? the plugin settings ? there is no where there to enter a new account.

Any kind and immediate assistance in this would be greatly appreciated.

kind regards,

RC.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @randall,

Yes, If you want to track just a single subsite, you subsite admin will need to setup their own analytics account. Otherwise only the network admin will see tracking info for the network.

Otherwise if you just enable the subsite settings, they should be able to see the analytics from your main account without needing their own.

At least that's how I understand it.

Let me just ask the developer for some clarification on this though.

Thanks

• amused
    • friend of Bill. W.

ok thanks,

there is a lot of wording and description in the "detail" and "usage" tabs of this plugin page that implies to me that analytics can be viewed for all sub-domains in a multisite as well as automatically allowing users to see their analytics individually on their dashboard.

look forward to your reply.

kind regards,

RC.

• Maniu
    • Developer

Hello @Randall

It all depends what you are after.
    If you want to give access to stats inside wordpress, it is enough if you configure "Tracking Code" and "Google Analytics Statistics inside WordPress Dashboard For All Sites In Network" by logging in with button in network option page for GA+ and choosing correct profile id.

Your users can also configure this independently from you in admin setting page for the sites they control. If they also want to see see stats on official google analytics page, they have to set up their own tracking code.

If its still unclear, please explain what is your goal and i will try to explain how to configure.

Thanks,
    Maniu

• amused
    • friend of Bill. W.

hi,

i simply want to have the google analytics graph appear on the dashboard for all users (including new users) of a multisite with sub-domains.

i know how to use other plugins to select what widgets etc. appear on the dashboard.

Basically i would like the graph to show stats for each individual site for that respective site(sub-domain) in that sub-domain (or possibly the graph can display both site wide as well as individual site simultaneously ?)

in other words, x.site.com will see a GA graph for x.site.com on the wordpress admin dashboard of x.site.com.

y.site.com will see a GA graph for y.site.com on the wordpress admin dashboard of y.site.com.

but the graphs would appear when they open their new site WITHOUT them configuring anything.

Can each site user not see their GA graphs without having to ask and guide them to set it up individually for themselves and hence for every sub-domain in the multi site ?

Hope i have been clear,

please dont hesitate to ask for further clarification.

your kind assistance in this would be greatly appreciated.

kind regards,

RC.

• amused
    • friend of Bill. W.

Hi,
    Can i please get a follow up on this ?
    Basically i want a google analytics graph on every new users site's dashboard showing the graph for that specific website (sub-domain) without any input from that user.

I thought that was one of the purposes of this plugin, to automatically have google analytics appear for each site.

as i mentioned above i already created the main site at google and logged in the code.

any kind assistance in this would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,

RC.

• amused
    • friend of Bill. W.

ok thank you very much for your speedy response,

i have three(3) test sites and for some strange reason the google analytics are only showing up on two(2) of them and not for one(1)

my "support staff access" is open

Could you possibly determine why it is not showing up for this one site ?

kind regards,

RC.

• amused
    • friend of Bill. W.

ok still no dice,
    tried it a few times without success.

i believe i created that testing site with the same login name and email address,
    could that have anything to do with it ?
    seems unlikely but i guess i am just fishing/guessing now :slight_smile:

i am trying to think of what i may have done different to that site,
    only thing is that it was the first i created. so i set up the GA after which is the same for one of the other sites. two of the other sites were created one before and one after i set up GA and they both work. i am even trying that site in a different browser in case there is any funny cache stuff going on which usually happens with me on Safari.

its either i leave this for another day, or will you have time to troubleshoot further and get the solution one time ?

what do you suggest ?

great thanks for all your kind support and assistance thus far.

Much appreciated.

RC.

• Maniu
    • Developer

Hey @Randall

I have managed to fix it but i have no idea what was the source of problem as it was caused by GET parameter being set that in reality looked to not be set.
    I have fixed it for you and don't worry about future updates as it will be applied in them too.

Thanks,
    Maniu

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.