Cannot get GridMarket to display my full width Header Image or a Larger Product Image

Hello, I've installed MarketPress, correctly I believe, and am using the Theme - GridMarket - but not getting along too well. I've read the Easy Guide and watched the Videos but still find everything a bit daunting:slight_frown:

Before installing GridMarket, I was using the TwentyTen theme. This allowed me to use my Header Image across the full width of the Theme. I'd like to do the same with GridMarket but all that I can achieve is a full width Copper/Orange band with my Header Image sitting within this band having had to reduce the width and height of my Header Image, accordingly ~ not what I want.

I'm going to grant access to my WordPress so that you can see what I've done with either Theme.

LARGER PRODUCT IMAGES
Also, when I click the Thumbnail of my Sample Product, I just get the same image. I realise that this is the only available image, at the moment, but how and where do I load and store the larger image and get it to display.

If you are able to give a little help and advice I'll be most grateful and I think that I'll quickly learn from what you are able to explain.

Thanks.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there David,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

I've done some testing here and when you click on the thumbnail the full size image should be showing, but I believe the image may be too large, could you try resizing that to 500 x 500px.

On the header issue, I've checked this and if you could add the header image you want, I can then supply some css to get this looking how you want/need :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• David

Hello Jack,

Thanks for you swift response. I'm vey well and I hope that you are too. It's been a beautiful Spring day here in the UK with lots of daffodils and early blossom ~ maybe you've got the same?

I've resized the product image to 359 x 500 pixels. If it needs to be 500x500 exactly then I'll need to add some background.
    /httpdocs/blog/wp-content/uploads
    Cord-Roy Chocolate 359 x 500.jpg

The Header is the one that I was using with Twenty/Ten Theme and is here:
    /httpdocs/blog/wp-content/uploads
    New-Header.gif

It will be fairly obvious to you that, although I have had the WordPress Blog for quite a while, I haven't truly ever got to grips with it. I'm hoping that now I'm a WPMUDEV user with Framemarket installed I'll be more pro-active. For me it's quite a learning curve so your assistance is very much appreciated

I know that I need to be more disciplined with my images and folders but feel free to tell me so, anyway:slight_smile:

Thanks, once more,

Kind Regards
    David

• David

Hello Jack,

Thanks for your css suggestion and HUGE apologies for the delay from me.

Try as I might I couldn't find the response box to let you know that your CSS code had got me the Header image in place but....alas, still with some issues ~ please see below.

Firstly, let me explain that I've kept returning to my computer, as and when time would allow, and have tried to search for answers to why I couldn't find the response box to answer you. Eventually, I discovered that, although it was showing me as being correctly logged in, I wasn't! I'm still not at all certain whether this was a glitch on my computer or on WPMU but, either way, I thought that I would explain that it was a dilemma from which I didn't think that I was ever going to find an answer.

Your CSS coding has given me the Image Header for which I'm very grateful but, unfortunately, it's not displaying exactly as I woud like. My ideal would be to have it displaying exactly like in the Twenty/Ten Theme ~ please see the two attached versions . Of course, I understand that such a layout may not be possible with Gridmarket but perhaps you can say one way or the other.

I'd quite like to offer you access again to my Wordpress but cannot see how to do that.

The large image is still not displaying when the product thumbnail is clicked. Do you recommend that I make the large image EXACTLY 500 x 500?

Although very much a novice, my ambitions don't quite stop at trying to get the Theme to display just as I would like. Once this hurdle is overcome, I would like to think that I can set up Framemarket/GridMarket as a Multistore, Etsy style site so that my local village shops could be invited to join ~ or am I trying to run before walking?

Kind Regards and thanks again,

David

Enjoy your weekend ~ don't know why I assumed that you lived somewhere other than the UK ~ but now at least we can both agree that, for once, the weather is perfect:slight_smile:

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there David,

Hope you're well today and thanks for the additional information.

Interesting, just to check so this image should be stretched right across to the left and right and not just the center area correct? :slight_smile:

Setting up the Esty style is easier than it seems I'm pleased to say, the hardest part is getting the application ID from PayPal, which more than anything just takes time and we're always here to help :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• David

Hello Jack,

Very well, thanks, and I hope that you are, too, and that you enjoyed your weekend.

This is what I’d like to achieve, if at all possible.
    The Header image stretched across what I think must be a two
    column layout as in the Twenty/Ten Theme. This, I’m guessing
    must be a fixed width with the green background at the top
    and sides expanding according to the browser size.

If the CSS can be reconfigured for such a Layout then fine as I do like this Layout, otherwise, I'll rethink my options. I'd also like the Blog Title and tagline to display as it does in the Screenshot. Is all this possible or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Thank you for your efforts on my behalf.

Kind regards
    David

• David

Hello Jack,

My turn to apologise for my extreme delay ~ I've been enjoying a week's holiday but am now back and raring to go:slight_smile:

I'm not certain how to send the Link to the Twenty/Ten theme. Perhaps you can tell me just how to do so?

Also, I'd like to Grant Access to you, just as I did initially, but now I cannot see how to do so ~ again, perhaps you can explain.

Now that my holiday is behind me, I am hoping that progress with my Wordpress site can be a little faster and, as I'm such a novice, must seek increasingly your help. Will that be OK or should I be posting to the Community, generally? Not certain of the WPMU etiquette yet.

Anyway, I'll wait to here from you.

Kind regards,
    David

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there David,

Hope you're well today, no problem, hope you had a great holiday! :slight_smile:

I'm not certain how to send the Link to the Twenty/Ten theme. Perhaps you can tell me just how to do so?

If you go to your sub site with that theme activated and in your URL bar, where you see the web address, you can copy that link :slight_smile:

Also, I'd like to Grant Access to you, just as I did initially, but now I cannot see how to do so ~ again, perhaps you can explain.

To grant access, you can do this via the WPMU DEV dashboard > support > support access and click "Grant Access" :slight_smile:

Will that be OK or should I be posting to the Community, generally? Not certain of the WPMU etiquette yet.

No problem, we're always here to help :slight_smile:

We would normally ask for separate threads to be started for different issues, but if they all relate to the same/similar issue, for instance if you installed MarketPress and had 4 problems at the same time, you could put that in one thread, rather than four separate threads :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• David

Hello Jack,

Yes, I'm very well, thanks, and I hope that you are too,

Sadly, I don't feel as though I am making any progress and I'm not certain what your latest CSS was intended to accomplish but, whatever it was, my page does not look anything like the screenshot that I sent two weeks ago.
    Please have another look.

I've extended the Support Access but is there any point in doing so? What is the purpose in giving Support Access? After more than a month, I don't seem able to achieve any of my most basic aims. Should I be approaching my requirements diffently? Please advise.

King regards
    David

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there David,

Thanks for the additional information, don't worry about extending the support access, as long as the site doesn't have a coming soon page I can access it.

It appears I may have mis-understood the requirement with the last screenshot.

Do you want to stretch that image in the twenty theme into the green background areas? Or gridmarket. Sorry about the confusion.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• David

Hello Jack,

Thank you for your swift response and apologies for confusing you with just what I am hoping to achieve.

To be clear, I'd like the page to appear exactly as it does in the Twenty/Ten theme but for such a layout to be utilised within the Gridmarket theme.

My screenshots which, for what I hoped was clarity, I named:
    BlogHeader_Ideal_end_result.png
    from 17th March and 4th April show precisely how I would want it to appear ~ full length green margins left and right and a narrow green band across the top.

Now, hopefully, you might be able to nail it for me after which you might be able to explain to me why my site is showing 'No Products' even though I have entered a sample Product here:
    http://www.shoppydays.com/blog/shopping/products/category/doorsatops/

And, by the way, this one sample Product is still not producing a larger image when I click on the thumbnail ~ this dates back to my original posting.

Finally, although struggling to get off the ground, I'm still hopeful that I can move on, quite speedily, to develop an Etsy style marketplace.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Kind regards
    David

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there David,

Hope you're well today and thanks for the additional information, while we can't get it to look exactly the same, we can get close.

Add the following css.

#branding {
        background-color: #FFFFFF !important;
        margin: 0 auto;
        overflow: hidden;
        width: 1000px !important;
    }

#branding-wrapper, .nav .current a, .nav li:hover > a, .nav li.current_page_item a, .nav ul li:hover a, .nav li:hover li a {
        background: none repeat scroll 0 0 !important;
    }
    :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.