Cannot get maps to display on individual event pages.

My test event is "Sunday School".

Additionally the following odd behavior is occurring:
*) Attempting to "Edit" an existing location does not work
*) Using the "insert" function on a page isn't working (at least not on event pages. I click insert and nothing is added.

I've granted support access for this site, please get back with me ASAP as this is a very time critical site development for this particular client.

Thanks

• Brad E.
    • Mr. T

Quick update... It seems to be hit or miss if they show up... I tweaked the default map dimensions for the events and they're showing up now. When I go in and change content on any events, all event maps suddenly disappear (doesn't happen every time, so I haven't been able to reproduce reliably)

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Brad,

Hope you're well?

I can also replicate this on my own site when creating a recurring event, it works fine if you create a single event, but not with recurring events for some reason. I have asked a colleague @Michelle Shull for some help on this too, but she can't replicate the issue on her site at all which is strange. Either we're both making the same error, or something on both our sites is causing it.

We're both using different themes to each other, and we have no other plugins that are common to each of us either.

Hopefully Michelle might be able to spot something I've missed.

Thanks

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi,

I've just been playing on my site, and it also seems to be the case on your site too.

when you first create an event or edit an existing event and hit save, it displays 'post updated: view post' at the top of the page.

clicking that will take you to an empty page.

If you notice the URL http://oakgrove.wpengine.com/calendar/2015/05/sunday-school/

But if you visit your calendar, then click the first event, you'll see it does display, except the URL is

http://oakgrove.wpengine.com/calendar/2015/05/sunday-school-0/

So it seems it's just the view post link that actually doesn't work as it's the wrong URL.

But everything seems ok on your site now. except for that view post link.

Hope this helps

• Jose
      • Bruno Diaz

Hey there Brad,

Hope you are doing well today.

I just want to clarify this odd behaviour with URLs for recurring events.

The explanation for this is quite simple. When you create a recurring event, you are actually creating a "parent" event/post that behaves as a holder, while in the background all the event instances are created as separate posts. So, the actual events are the instances. And each one has a different URL/slug, which is the parent event URL followed by a increasing number.

You can see the correct URL and edit each instance from the post edit screen, as showed in the attached screenshot.

Cheers,
      Jose

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hey Brad!

I tried to reproduce this on my own site, and I'm not seeing what you are. If things are stable, we may do well to leave things alone and see if we can find more clues if it recurs.

We can leave this thread open, if you see any more weirdness, report in here and we'll happily take another look.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.