Cannot get on my backend wordpress site

I installed some plugins and get this message now:

“The Signup Code plugin is only compatible with WordPress Multisite.”

How do I get rid of that and get back

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hello, hope you’re well.

Just following up on some threads here and noted that we’ve not heard from you in a while.

If you’re still looking for some assistance on this thread then please by all means reopen it or create a fresh thread for any new questions.

Take care.

• carinallc
    • Flash Drive

Hi

I did the same thing just now. While I understand that we should read carefully before deploying plugins, it’s a reasonable assumption to make because it doesn’t say ONLY works with Multisite.

Apart from that, whatever code is being used to display the post-install message that the plugin only works with Multisite should be used when the user tries to install it. This would keep us from having to FTP into our website and delete files – something that perhaps some users are unable or inexperienced in doing.

I think it’s a great plugin, and wish I could use it. Hope you take these feedback positively.

Thanks

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there, sorry for the confusion.

I did the same thing just now. While I understand that we should read carefully before deploying plugins, it’s a reasonable assumption to make because it doesn’t say ONLY works with Multisite.

I understand what you’re saying but my car doesn’t say “only works with diesel” on the fuel cap or where you put fuel in but it does say diesel so I wouldn’t assume petrol would work the same as no plugins say “Only works on WordPress” I wouldn’t assume they would work on Druple or Joomla.

That said, you shouldn’t be able to install this through the WPMU DEV Dashboard because there are checks for this, I’ve ensured that the mark is set correctly so that it shouldn’t happen again.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.