cannot get the appointments shortcodes to work

Hi,
Your video instructions are great but I still have a few questions:
1) In the general settings tab, there's an option to 'Create an Appointment Page' but it's not creating any page although I have checked the box and saved.

2) I have created a page manualy according to your video with these settings:[app_worker_monthly_calendar service="3" worker_id="2"]
[app_confirmation]
But the page displays just a calendar with all the days blocked for scheduling and nothing else.
I have created the service and service providers and the working hours.

3) Is there a way to set a lag time between apointements? in our case, meetings are conducted at the customer's location and the people that are working with us need time to get from one appointement to another.

Thank you.

• PC

Hiya,

Thanks for your post.

1) In the general settings tab, there's an option to 'Create an Appointment Page' but it's not creating any page although I have checked the box and saved.

Can you please check for a plugin conflict using the attached screenshot

?

2) I have created a page manualy according to your video with these settings:[app_worker_monthly_calendar service="3" worker_id="2"]
    [app_confirmation]
    But the page displays just a calendar with all the days blocked for scheduling and nothing else.
    I have created the service and service providers and the working hours.

You will need a little bit more than just that one shortcode.

The general code of the Appointments page is as below

<table>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">[app_my_appointments]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>[app_services]</td>
    <td>[app_service_providers]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>[app_schedule]</td>
    <td>[app_schedule add="1"]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">[app_pagination step="2"]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">[app_login]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">[app_confirmation]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">[app_paypal]</td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>

In this each shortcodes shows up different content. Including calendar, form and paypal.

3) Is there a way to set a lag time between apointements? in our case, meetings are conducted at the customer's location and the people that are working with us need time to get from one appointment to another.

Can you elaborate this one a bit ? Do you mean to have some time between appointments so that you can travel from one place to another ?

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• hamutal

Hi,
    1) I am working on a new WordPress installation so I have just 2 other plugins at the moment. I tried to disable them but it did not solve the page creation problem.
    I don't know what is the "default theme". I am using the standard Twenty Thirteen theme.

2) Thank you for the code. Is there a place to get example codes of all common pages?

3) That's exactly what I mean. I need to keep some time between appointments so that we can travel from one place to another.

Thank you.

• hamutal

There are two things that are not clear to me in the code you've provided me:

1) why is the same week ("OUR SCHEDULE FROM 18/08/2013 TO 24/08/2013") displayed twice on the screen when there are two shortcodes: [app_schedule] and [app_schedule add="1"] which is supposed to display next week.

2) why is the google calnedar button appears on the confirmation screen when I have not set it?

Thank you.

• hamutal

Hi,
    Please disregard the first issue above about the identical weeks display. it is resolved. however, these are the issues left:

1) automatic creation of pages by the settings mechanism. I don't know what is the "default theme". I am using the standard Twenty Thirteen theme.

2) I need to keep some time between appointments so that we can travel from one place to another.

3) why is the google calendar button appears on the confirmation screen when I have not set it?

4) how can I translate this plugin to Hebrew and RTL support?

5) the Appointments+ Service Providers widget is displaying the username of the service providers rather than their actual names.

6) on a specific service page, using this shortcode: [app_service_providers service="5" autorefresh="1"], a calendar of one specific service provider is displayed by default when the screen is displayed and when selecting another service provider, the calendar is not changed accordingly.

7) Is there a place to get example codes of all common pages?

I hope this is not asking too much.
    Many thanks!
    Hamutal

• PC

Hiya,

Thanks for posting back.

2) I need to keep some time between appointments so that we can travel from one place to another.

Its not possible out of the box however you can follow the approach here :
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/i-need-help-configuring-appointments#post-446885

1) automatic creation of pages by the settings mechanism. I don't know what is the "default theme". I am using the standard Twenty Thirteen theme.

Can you provide me a screenshot of your General settings page ?

3) why is the google calendar button appears on the confirmation screen when I have not set it?

Can you try and delete the plugin cache and ensure you are not using any caching plugins ?

You can delete the cache from Appointments+ >> Settings >> General >> Advanced settings.

4) how can I translate this plugin to Hebrew and RTL support?

You can use the included language files and use a poeditor. http://codex.wordpress.org/Translating_WordPress will help as a reference.

5) the Appointments+ Service Providers widget is displaying the username of the service providers rather than their actual names.

it will pick the settings from WordPress. So if you have set the global display name as username, it will pick username. So you can change that in user profile settings.

6) on a specific service page, using this shortcode: [app_service_providers service="5" autorefresh="1"], a calendar of one specific service provider is displayed by default when the screen is displayed and when selecting another service provider, the calendar is not changed accordingly.

This is because you have forced the plugin to show up the calendar for service id 5 only. Can you try without service attribute ?

7) Is there a place to get example codes of all common pages?

Its generated automatically so unfortunately no :slight_frown:

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• hamutal

Hi, Thanks for getting back to me.

1) here's a link to the general settings screenshot: http://awesomescreenshot.com/0701mjkr0b

2) setting longer appointments in order to keep the time needed between appointments is not a good workaround since it will appear on the customer's end as a longer appointment than it actually is. will you have a solution for it in the future? because for me it's a must-have requirement.

3) I am not using any caching plugin at the moment and I have not activated your caching functionality yet. regardless, I tried clearing the cache but I still get the Google button.

4) what about RTL support? is that just css work on my general template?

5) the settings I have for the users in their profile is to display their full name and not their username but still the widget is showing their username/nickname.

6) well that's the point. it's a page for service id 5 where the customers will only have to choose a service provider.

7) if I can only get it to be generated automatically I would have better references to best practices.

looking forward to getting these issues solved so that I can utilize this great plugin.
    Thank you!

• pxwm

Hi @PC - Hope you don't mind me chiming in

Hi @hamutal

You may wish to try the workaround as detailed in the following post: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-do-i-add-padding-to-time-slots

The proposal is to set the service duration to include the travel time between appointments but when a date/time is selected the appointment form will display the actual time of the service duration.

Please Note: There is a link to my demo site but the demo site is no longer setup to reflect the proposal.

Hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• pxwm

Hi @hamutal

If you are using the latest version, v1.3.1 then you don't need the the bespoke code in the wp-config.php file. This was only required as a temporary fix in v1.3.

To confirm for the proposal to work you will need to ensure that the 'Time slot calculus method' field in the A+ 'General' tab is set to 'Minimum time based appointment duration calculus (legacy)'

Also to answer your question:-

what about all the other issues I detailed above and what is the default theme?

If you login to your dashboard using Admin
    Then select 'Appearance' in the left hand menu there is an option to activated the default themes if required.

As always I would suggest taking a backup of the site and database before making any changes.

If you need any further help please let me know.

Regards
    SteveB

• pxwm

Hi @hamutal

You should find the default theme by:-

Login to your Wordpress dashboard as Admin
    Select 'Appearances' in the left hand menu
    Then select 'Themes' or it may take you straight to this page
    The default theme(s) should be visible.
    All you need to do is activate one of the default themes

As previous recommended suggest you take a backup of your site and database so you have a rollback option.

Hope that helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• pxwm

Hi @hamutal

The default theme is part of the Wordpress install.

Could you please confirm what themes are visible in the themes page.

To confirm:-

Login to your Wordpress dashboard as Admin
    Select 'Appearances' in the left hand menu
    Then select 'Themes' or it may take you straight to this page
    The default theme(s) should be visible.
    All you need to do is activate one of the default themes.

As previous recommended suggest you take a backup of your site and database so you have a rollback option.

Regards
    SteveB

• hamutal

I am looking for these features:
    - padding time before/after appointments.
    - availability time of service providers per location.
    - recurring appointments.
    - charge the customer for a package of services and then let them book until they utilize their credit.
    - offer deals on packages and services.
    - change/delete appointments by the customer and service provider from the frontend.
    - detailed reports based on service, service provider, location and customer.

That's the majority of things.
    Thank you.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.