Cannot grant extended permissions

I am unable to grant extended permissions for this app, or rather get it to accept that extended permissions have been granted. (which they have). Everything at facebook looks good, the app appears to be able to do everything I want it to. (permissions are granted).

However, inside wordpress on the post page I see

Your app doesn't have enough permissions to publish on Facebook
Grant needed permissions now

I click that, a pop up flashes up and closes, the page refreshes and I am told.

Your app doesn't have enough permissions to publish on Facebook
Grant needed permissions now

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey ArticleCK.

The issue usually relates to the url shown in your Ultimate Facebook admin area not being used as it is printed on the page.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/ultimate-facebook-grant-extended-permissions-do-not-display?replies=13#post-182109

Admin --> Network Admin --> Ultimate Facebook --> Settings.

On the first accordion are instructions on which url to use in your Facebook App along with the exact url you need to use.

Let me know if that resolves the issue for you.

Take care.

• ArticleCK
    • Flash Drive

None of the other settings screens available are being used or are relevant.

Can you please tell me exactly what you want to see?

I've looked everywhere, and I cannot see an "advanced settings" tab anywhere
    in this facebook plugin or at facebook. Maybe I am blind?

• ArticleCK
    • Flash Drive

Are there any complete instructions on how to install this plugin?

No where in the instructions provided were any "advanced settings" mentioned. (that is why I do not know what you are referring to). Maybe if you explained how to install the plugin properly?

• ArticleCK
    • Flash Drive

I found them!!

After hours of digging I eventually found what I think you are asking for. I even filled out the ESSENTIAL links to privacy and terms which I had no idea existed (because you are trying to make installation of the plugin seem easier and do not provide full instructions on how to set up and app... you just tell me that it is quick and painless.

However, adding these links has not fixed the problem

Here are the screen shots that I think you requested.

• ArticleCK
    • Flash Drive

If it helps, I am seeing these in the error log

[29-Feb-2012 20:44:24] PHP Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0
    [29-Feb-2012 20:52:45] PHP Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_0b650ad233348804937429c09700d906, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/qkrme/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-facebook/lib/external/facebook.php on line 37
    [29-Feb-2012 20:52:45] PHP Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/qkrme/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-facebook/lib/external/facebook.php:37) in /home/qkrme/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-facebook/lib/external/facebook.php on line 37
    [29-Feb-2012 20:56:36] PHP Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_1c1e5a9d552fc276a997c73f81985412, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/qkrme/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-facebook/lib/external/facebook.php on line 37
    [29-Feb-2012 20:56:36] PHP Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/qkrme/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-facebook/lib/external/facebook.php:37) in /home/qkrme/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-facebook/lib/external/facebook.php on line 37
    [29-Feb-2012 21:04:18] PHP Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_7b9ecf023066ed25761d6b42769d91cf, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/qkrme/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-facebook/lib/external/facebook.php on line 37
    [29-Feb-2012 21:04:18] PHP Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/qkrme/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-facebook/lib/external/facebook.php:37) in /home/qkrme/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-facebook/lib/external/facebook.php on line 37

• ArticleCK
    • Flash Drive

And

[28-Feb-2012 00:19:28] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function add_action() in /home/qkrme/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-facebook/wpmu-dev-facebook.php on line 32

inside the plugin folder

Also, note... you say on the right of this page...

Also, while we're totally committed to helping you out, a great % of issues can be solved by:

- Re-reading and checking the install.txt file

There isn't an install.txt file for any of your plugins.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

I'm not sure of the specifics around that PHP error so I'll ask the developer to take a look at this with you.

Also, just as a general note, Facebook changes their entire method of authentification, app settings, even what they call the API credentials. They do this probably monthly and without any warning/signal to the development community.

I mention it because we do try, frequently to update the instructions along with the plugin (which often has to have critical rewrites when Facebook changes things) and so there is sometimes a delay there. We're working to keep up with them, but you are noticing some of the pains of our struggle in developing a product that works with them.

Thanks!

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

You should speak to your hosting provider there.

PHP Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

And the other errors say permission denied, I suspect its your /tmp/ folder. Can you please check your file/folder permissions and ownership. If your not sure how then please ask your hosting provider.

Here is a screenshot of my advanced settings, can I also see your basic settings?

Thanks.

• ArticleCK
    • Flash Drive

Thanks for getting back to me

the server company tell me

Hi Dan,

Is the below error causing an issue ? The /tmp session files seem to be getting created fine. I don't know why that error is appearing.

Please let us know if there are any other questions or concerns.

I am waiting for them to get back to me with a real answer.

I have created a new app and the errors at wordpress are gone. The plugin seems to be working.

The error log on the server is still filling up however.

^at facebook, under advanced settings they say that every app MUST have a privacy policy url. I think that adding one should be included in the instructions that you provide. This is not something that they will be changing.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

I have created a new app and the errors at wordpress are gone. The plugin seems to be working.

Thats good news :slight_smile:

The error log on the server is still filling up however.

Thats not so much, though. I guess wait to see what they say when they come back. They didn't actually confirm that permissions and ownership is right though. They only said it seems to be creating files.

^at facebook, under advanced settings they say that every app MUST have a privacy policy url. I think that adding one should be included in the instructions that you provide. This is not something that they will be changing.

We'll be updating all the docs, so this will happen.

We have covered so far Events, Domain Mapping, Directory and Snapshots. More will come. :slight_smile:

Anyway, I'm pleased to see the plugin is now working. :slight_smile:

let us know what the host says.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.