Cannot insert custom adminbar logo

HI,

I am trying to use Ultimate Branding on my site, http://www.greenwichmums.com

I cannot get the custom adminbar logo to load into place. I have tried using a PNG logo 28px high, and alternatively a 26px high one. Stil no luck :slight_frown:

The other changes I make to the adminbar are only visible when I am viewing my dashboard aswell. If I look at the front end I see the usual adminbar.

Can you help please?

Thanks

James.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings James,

Thank you for this great question and bringing this significant issue to our attention.

Can you please clarify for me which admin bar is on the front end? Dashboard admin bar or Buddy Press bar?

In the admin dashboard, after applying your custom logo the WordPress logo is still present, is this what you are referring to?

Which version of WordPress are you using?

Why hasn't the major bug fix update version 1.5.6 to Buddy Press not been applied?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• jamesathomson
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Joe

Thanks for your reply.

I applied the latest BP update, and the site is running 3.4.1.

I was able to get the logo to show by removing the 'www' in the file URL, but I still cannot get the new adminbar to show on the front of the website. It looks like its the buddypress bar instead.

I have attached a screenshot.

Thanks again

J.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings James,

Thank you so much for the additional input, it will help me to get a complete idea of what we are working with (you and I).

The admin bar in the dashboard that you are modifying is now probably obvious to you that it is not the same one as on the front end.

The Ultimate Branding plugin does indeed brand the WordPress Dashboard bar as claimed, but not the unrelated Buddy Press bar which is a totally different animal so to speak.

Now we come to the point of what do you want to do?

Do you want to keep the Buddy press bar on the front end and customize it?

Do you want to swap it for the WP Admin Dashboard Bar?

Do you want to force all non admins to the front end keeping them out of the dashboard?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings James,

Thank you for that additional information and I believe I have some ideas on how to accomplish that.

First we need to suppress the Buddy Press Toolbar. Add this to your wp-config.php file:

define( 'BP_DISABLE_ADMIN_BAR', true );

Next of course is to redirect users to the front end upon logging in:

Something simple:
    Redirect to Homepage plugin

Something more complex:
    Peter's Login Redirect plugin

That should do the job.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.