cannot instal smush pro plugin Fatal error: Cannot

cannot instal smush pro plugin

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare wp_smush_rating_message() (previously declared in /home4/skydive8/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-smushit/wp-smush.php:73) in /home4/skydive8/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-smush-pro/wp-smush.php on line 88

• Milan

Hi @roy,

I hope you are having a good day..

This error usually comes when function is already declared previously in one plugin and another plugin is trying to declare same function with same signature again.

What I can see here is that on your site wp-smushit and wp-smush-pro both plugin are trying to declare wp_smush_rating_message() function.

Try to deactivate wp-smushit plugin before installing or activating wp-smush-pro plugin.

In this case you can not keep both plugin active at the same time. If you want to do so you need to add one of plugins wp_smush_rating_message() function inside if condition like this..

if( !function_exists( 'wp_smush_rating_message') ){
        //wp_smush_rating_message function of any plugin
    }

But if both plugin uses same function for different purpose and you want to keep both plugin activated then first you need to change one of the plugins function name, and also updates calling points to new function name.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Regards,
    Milan Savaliya.
    Support Staff ( WPMUDEV )

• Milan

Hi @roy,

I hope you are doing well.

I found another solution for your issue. Here is what you can do to resolve this.

Don't worry this is very simple one. :slight_smile:

Our WP Smush Pro plugin gives you everything you'll find in WP Smush and more. :slight_smile: So you can just deactivate wp-smushit and go on with WP Smush Pro.

I hope this helps you.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Milan Savaliya,
    Support Staff( WPMUDEV )

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.