Cannot install sidebars still only get to define where your sidebar should appear

Hi again

I have gone through instructions and tutorial several timesd and can't get past "define where your sidebar should appear". I have deacivatedf all other plugins but am still getting nowhere!

Re my PHP problem preventing me opening the site I delerted gallery pro plugin and I'm back in. First succes in a week!

Another question is can I dlete the new custom sidebars I have been creating?

Also in Forumd how do I find my posts I search for Custom sidebars but can't find my own posts to add to them

Thanks
Peter

• Tyler Postle

Hey Peter,

Hope you are doing well today! Thanks for your question :slight_smile:

I have gone through instructions and tutorial several timesd and can't get past "define where your sidebar should appear".

You will need to make sure that you have the "Allow this sidebar to be replaced" option checked for some of your built in theme sidebars. Then you will be able to select those locations for your custom sidebars via the "Sidebar Location" link.

Another question is can I dlete the new custom sidebars I have been creating?

You can delete custom sidebars by clicking the little red trash can symbol in the bottom right corner of an open custom sidebar :slight_smile: (screenshot attached)

Also in Forumd how do I find my posts I search for Custom sidebars but can't find my own posts to add to them

You can view a list of your previous posts here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/profile/peter69

You can view that by clicking your avatar on any post too. There is also a "Recent Activity" area in your profile here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/profile/private/ located in the top right corner.

Hope this helps Peter! Let me know if you still need further assistance :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.