Cannot install Snapshot

Getting error on our Windows box running PhP:

Could not copy file. snapshot/lib/Snapshot/Model/Destination/dropbox/vendor/kunalvarma05/dropbox-php-sdk/src/Dropbox/Ex

We have seen this type of error in the past and it was due to the length of the path being longer than Windows allows.

Is it possible to send me the zipped plugin file? I can drop into site and activate. I am doing the trail and want to make sure the backup plugin works for us.

I have removed the other backup plugin we were using to make sure there was no conflict. No other issues with any other of your plugins except this one.

Thanks for everything.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello James,

I’m afraid we can’t send you a zipped file of the plugin due to trial restrictions: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/how-free-trials-work/

But also we can’t stop you from downloading Snapshot directory from your live site and zipping it so you can upload it to your local installation. If you have access to cPanel file manager of your site, you can also archive that directory directly from there.

kind regards,

Kasia

• James Squires
    • Flash Drive

Thanks for the reply.

We do not have any web site running the plugin. Every web site we try to install it on returns the same error message. We are testing three right now.

So there is no place for us to copy the plugin folder from.

All your plugins appear to play well with each other and we just want to make sure that the backup plugin does what we want before our trial is up.

I guess we will try to install it onto a web site with no other plugins running to see if the issue is compatibility.

• James Squires
    • Flash Drive

Here is more information:

The full error –

COULD NOT COPY FILE. SNAPSHOT/LIB/SNAPSHOT/MODEL/DESTINATION/DROPBOX/VENDOR/KUNALVARMA05/DROPBOX-PHP-SDK/SRC/DROPBOX/EXCEPTIONS/DROPBOXCLIENTEXCEPTION.PHP

As I mentioned in first ticket this may be a problem with Windows Server box. If you try to use a path that is too long windows will not allow it.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello James,

I’m sorry for the delay on my side.

How do I bump this up so it will get noticed?

Our system prevents bumping threads – it actually is pushing down ticket down the queue and it can cause delays.

We do not have any web site running the plugin. Every web site we try to install it on returns the same error message. We are testing three right now.

I understand you try all that on local, Windows environment? Can you give me more specific details about that Windows?

Does this Windows have any antivirus installed? We had a case when antivirus on Windows prevented one of our plugins from installation.

Also, I found this article on how to allow paths longer than 260 characters in Windows https://www.howtogeek.com/266621/how-to-make-windows-10-accept-file-paths-over-260-characters/

kind regards,

Kasia

• James Squires
    • Flash Drive

Hello again,

It is a Windows Server 2008 R2 – we are about to upgrade this server so we will test to see if this problem is resolved when we move to a newer version of Win Server.

We are having the same issue as the first install on upgrade installs manually and with automate.

It gets the same error message. I am pretty confident that this is the windows limit to the length of the path. Hopefully new server will resolve this.

Thanks for your help – as always.

• James Squires
    • Flash Drive

This is an update – just wanted to let everyone know that the new upgrade to Windows Server 2016 – has this problem resolved. It was indeed the long path used in the install process – we allowed longer paths to be used within windows (a windows pop-up asked for permission).

Thanks for your help.

• James Squires
    • Flash Drive

Hello again,

Unfortunately it appears that our problem is back – on the new 2016 Win Server.

Snapshot fails to update to 3.2.0.2 with the following error on all our web sites.

Update Failed: Could not create directory. snapshot/lib/Snapshot/Model/Destination/aws/vendor/aws/aws-sdk-php/src/ServerlessApplicationRepository/Exception

I still don’t understand the reasoning behind having such a long folder path in a temp update path.

We have tried from the control panel – we have tried from the Hub.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

• James Squires
    • Flash Drive

Now I am confused…

The latest update on this issue is that some of the web sites are now getting updated but it appears to be happening in the background – not on demand from within the WP backend or the Hub.

We do have Automate set up – so i assume it is doing the update.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi James Squires,

The purpose of Automate is to automatically update your themes and plugins if enabled.

Update Failed: Could not create directory. snapshot/lib/Snapshot/Model/Destination/aws/vendor/aws/aws-sdk-php/src/ServerlessApplicationRepository/Exception

As it’s a Windows Server, are you running Apache/nginx or ASP.NET on that server? Can you please check if that mentioned directory has proper permission and ownership for creating new directories with PHP? Please let us know what you find.

I’m looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Regards,

Rupok

• James Squires
    • Flash Drive

Once again Snapshot is having problems updating when we select it manually from plugins area within admin backend.

On top of that we are getting warnings from your own Defender that there is suspicious code in it. See image attached.

We are deleting it from our sites that cannot get the update.

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi James Squires

Sorry to hear you are having this problem.

On top of that we are getting warnings from your own Defender that there is suspicious code in it. See image attached.

I’m afraid the image wasn’t attached, could you try to send it again or add on a Service like Google Drive and forward the link.

As you are on Gold membership, you can download the zip file from project page https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/snapshot/ and manually update the plugin.

Also, could you send the server configuration, if it is Apache, Nginx or ASP.NET as my teammate requested and we can try to replicate the problem?

Best Regards

Patrick Freitas

• James Squires
    • Flash Drive

I guess this "upload files" does not work – hard to tell.

It is Win Server 2016 running ASP.NET IIS ver 10.0.14933

PhP 5.3

OK it would appear that the image does not get entered – basically the file that is showing up in the suspicious function section of Defender Pro is 1.0.10CryptBase.php

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi James Squires

Thank you for the information,

The PHP 5.3 is really old and it can cause some problem, is possible to update the PHP to 7.3 and try to update the plugin again?

I made a new scan on Latest Snapshot version and I didn’t have this warning, in case updating the PHP not fixes the problem, please, download the latest version and upload on plugins folder then run a new Defender Scan.

Best Regards

Patrick Freitas

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.