Cannot logout when cross autologin is enabled

When cross domain auto-login is enabled, the users cannot logout of the domain mapped sites. They get instantly logged back in after logout. I had enabled this option in Domain Mapping weeks ago and it was working fine then. I'm seeing this issue suddenly, not sure it has started happening after the latest update.

• Nahid

Hey Pedro !
    Hope you are having a great day!

Nahid here, following up from our last Live Chat session. We tried to replicate the issue you reported in our test sites but couldn't. It seems to be specific to your site only. To determine the source of the issue, please go through the following troubleshooting tests:

1. Plugin/theme conflict test: Try running a plugin/theme conflict test just to make sure no other plugin(s)/themes on your site is/are conflicting with Domain Mapping and causing the issue. The basic concept is to temporarily disable all the plugins (network-wide and site-wise activated) except Domain Mapping (and WPMU DEV Dashboard), switch to a default WordPress theme and check if the issue still persists. If it doesn't, please enable all plugins and the theme one after another to see activating which brings back the issue. This handy flowchart can help you do a plugin/theme conflict test.

2. Enable debugging: If the plugin/theme conflict test doesn't help, please enable WP_DEBUG and provide us with the output of your debug.log file. You can enable debugging by putting the following constants in the wp-config.php file:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

These constants must be added before the line "/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */" for them to work. Please make sure identical constants are replaced if they were already there previously.

Enabling debugging in WordPress will log any errors that the site encounters in a log file named "debug.log" located in the "wp-content" folder. Please upload the debug.log file in a cloud storage platform like Dropbox and attach the shared link in your next response so that we can take a look into it. You can know more about WordPress debugging in this handy article.

Note: it is highly recommended that you back the site up before going through the troubleshooting tests.

Hope this helps. We'll be looking forward to hearing back from you. Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Nahid

• Pedro

Hi, this is the output from debug.log:

[05-May-2018 14:09:49 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/renamed/public_html/wp-content/plugins/blogtemplates/blogtemplatesfiles/blog_templates.php on line 37
    [05-May-2018 14:09:50 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/renamed/public_html/wp-content/plugins/pro-sites/pro-sites-files/modules/pay-to-blog.php on line 28
    [05-May-2018 14:09:50 UTC] PHP Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/renamed/public_html/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/core/class-vc-mapper.php on line 186
    [05-May-2018 14:09:51 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/renamed/public_html/wp-content/plugins/blogtemplates/blogtemplatesfiles/blog_templates.php on line 37
    [05-May-2018 14:09:51 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/renamed/public_html/wp-content/plugins/blogtemplates/blogtemplatesfiles/blog_templates.php on line 37
    [05-May-2018 14:09:51 UTC] PHP Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/renamed/public_html/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/core/class-vc-mapper.php on line 186
    [05-May-2018 14:09:51 UTC] PHP Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/renamed/public_html/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/core/class-vc-mapper.php on line 186
    [05-May-2018 14:09:53 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/renamed/public_html/wp-content/plugins/blogtemplates/blogtemplatesfiles/blog_templates.php on line 37
    [05-May-2018 14:09:53 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/renamed/public_html/wp-content/plugins/pro-sites/pro-sites-files/modules/pay-to-blog.php on line 28
    [05-May-2018 14:09:53 UTC] PHP Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/renamed/public_html/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/core/class-vc-mapper.php on line 186
    [05-May-2018 14:09:54 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/renamed/public_html/wp-content/plugins/blogtemplates/blogtemplatesfiles/blog_templates.php on line 37
    [05-May-2018 14:09:54 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/renamed/public_html/wp-content/plugins/blogtemplates/blogtemplatesfiles/blog_templates.php on line 37
    [05-May-2018 14:09:54 UTC] PHP Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/renamed/public_html/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/core/class-vc-mapper.php on line 186
    [05-May-2018 14:09:54 UTC] PHP Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/renamed/public_html/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/core/class-vc-mapper.php on line 186
    [05-May-2018 14:09:56 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/renamed/public_html/wp-content/plugins/blogtemplates/blogtemplatesfiles/blog_templates.php on line 37
    [05-May-2018 14:09:56 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/renamed/public_html/wp-content/plugins/pro-sites/pro-sites-files/modules/pay-to-blog.php on line 28
    [05-May-2018 14:09:56 UTC] PHP Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/renamed/public_html/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/core/class-vc-mapper.php on line 186
    [05-May-2018 14:09:56 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/renamed/public_html/wp-content/plugins/blogtemplates/blogtemplatesfiles/blog_templates.php on line 37
    [05-May-2018 14:09:56 UTC] PHP Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/renamed/public_html/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/core/class-vc-mapper.php on line 186
    [05-May-2018 14:09:57 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/renamed/public_html/wp-content/plugins/blogtemplates/blogtemplatesfiles/blog_templates.php on line 37
    [05-May-2018 14:09:57 UTC] PHP Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/renamed/public_html/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/core/class-vc-mapper.php on line 186
    [05-May-2018 14:10:02 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/renamed/public_html/wp-content/plugins/blogtemplates/blogtemplatesfiles/blog_templates.php on line 37
    [05-May-2018 14:10:02 UTC] PHP Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/renamed/public_html/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/core/class-vc-mapper.php on line 186

• Pedro

I noticed now, it shows this errors with php 7.1:

[05-May-2018 19:44:36 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: preview in /home/renamed/public_html/wp-content/plugins/multisite-theme-manager/multisite-theme-manager-files/themes/3-eight/index.php on line 50
    [05-May-2018 19:44:57 UTC] PHP Warning: implode(): Invalid arguments passed in /home/renamed/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-branding/ultimate-branding-files/modules/custom-login-screen.php

• Nastia

Hello Pedro

I trust you're doing well!

Also the logout issue remains when cross login from Domain Mapping is activated.

I could reproduce the issue on my end as well. The admin user after logging out from the back end was logged in back again. I've reported this to our devlopers

it seems the blog templates and prosites aren't yet compatible with php 7.2.

I am afraid I can't reproduce the same, the Pro Sites and New Blog Template works well with PHP version 7.2. But I can see same Deprecated notice messages, and I've reported to our devlopers

I have created a new site for testing with twenty-seventeen theme and i found a new issue, it logout when i try to change the name of a page or anything else, i used subdomain. Mapped domain is working normal.

Please let us know what steps you took. I've renamed a page on a clean install, from the wp-admin, Pages > All Pages, updated the page and remained logged in.

In the new site created, I login normally, then if i open an url it redirect to http protocol instead of https. It logout to http protocol.

Please let us know if the domain name is mapped with HTTP or HTTPS protocol? Is the new subsite is created on wp...pro.com site? If yes, please let us know the site ID so we could have a closer look.

Please advise,

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• Pedro

Hi Nastia, I'm doing well and I hope you too. Thanks for asking.

The issues my network have are:
    - The cross login;
    - The logout issue on subdomains under the main domain wp....pro.com;
    From my network I open the subdomain and it logins normaly to the sub site, but after click to save the page it redirects to HTTP protocol. The HTTPS force is activated to only administration, not activated in Frontpages which I have also tried and didn't worked. It's happening in all my subsites and in the new created sites.

All subsites are having this behaviour, you can try in any subsite on my network.

Thank you

• Pedro

I have roll back to version 4.4.2.5 and everything back to normal. I have two networks and the new release of domain mapping does exactly the same issue to my other network.It's not from theme or plugins compatibility because the other network is in a different server and I only have the wpmudev plugins installed with a different theme. I have disabled all the plugins and activated the twenty-seventeen theme to see if there is any conflict, but only domain mapping activated it does exactly the same issue.

I can't wait more time for a release to fix the issue, since last friday my two networks are unable to do anything and I have works to advance and pages to update.

I will wait for a fix and I will type here if the new release is stable.

Thank you

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.