cannot manage plugins since we removed the site from wpmudev dashboard

We had to remove the site from wpmudev dashboard
now we are locked out of managing plugins via default wordpress admin user.
not sure what developer did via ftp
what do we need to do here to return permissions to default admin users?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Kym,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

If I understand this correctly you still have WPMU DEV Dashboard but can't access it, is that correct?

WPMU DEV Dashboard is by default limited to admin user that activated it, so you can go to Plugins panel, deactivate and activate the plugin again and it should show up after that for that user.
    If it's still not showing you should check your wp-config.php and see if you have code like this in there:
    define('WPMUDEV_LIMIT_TO_USER', '1, 7');
    This code limits WPMU DEV Dashboard to users with ID's listed there, so if you remove it or add ID of your current admin you should be able to see it again.

Let me know how it goes or if I perhaps misunderstood your question :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Kym,

WPMU DEV Dashboard handles only our own plugin updates so even if your dev removed it it shouldn't affect any of the other plugins and I believe there's some other issue going on here.

Could you send me in your FTP or cPanel login details so I could investigate this further?

You can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ and the template below:

IMPORTANT: Make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic so it doesn't go back to forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Subject: "Attn: Predrag Dubajic"
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - Login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel credentials (host/username/password)
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Kym,

Thanks for sending in those details, I had a look at your site and I couldn't figure out what is causing this on your site, I checked your regular and mu-plugins, theme functions and everything else I could think of that could be causing this but I found nothing that would be causing this.
    I see that it also limits you to add new themes, so it's not just related to plugins, your admin role has some weird restrictions added.

I tried creating new role to with User Role Editor plugin but when I added new user with that role it requires user confirmation.
    Can you try confirming that account and try managing your plugins and themes with it?

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.