cannot map domain to subdomain

I have installed the Domain Mapping plugin, moved sunrise.php and added the define( 'SUNRISE', 'on' ); line in wp-config.

My network install is in a folder in a VPS account with westhost. The network install is in idxmlspress.com which is an add-on domain setup with wildcard subdomains enabled.

My primary domain is chrissmithcio.com. The IP address for my VPS is 69.36.185.50 and the name servers are SNS1.WESTSERVERS.NET and SNS2.WESTSERVERS.NET.

I am ready to take my first client site live. The subdomain is caferealtyny.idxmlspress.com and I want to use the URL caferealtyny.com to access the site.

The domain is registered at godaddy I have access to account.

When I go to Settings > Domain Mapping > Mapped Domains I get No Items found and there is no option to add a domain.

What steps remain in order for me to map the domain with this plugin?

Thanks

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hey there, Chris!

You're almost there.

Step 1: In your Network Dashboard, go to Settings > Domain Mapping and make sure your IP is resolving to your A record. If it is, you should see a green alert box telling you that it's successful.

Step 2: Go to the site you want to map the new domain to, and navigate to Tools > Domain Mapping. From here, it's just a few clicks to add the map the site to the new domain.

This should have you all set! Thanks for your question!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.