Cannot Message Users Who Signed Via Ultimate Facebook

Hello,

I am able to send messages to users who registered via buddypress registration but for users who registered via Ultimate Facebook plugin, I am not able to send them messages.

This is the feedback I receive when I am sending to users who registered via Ultimate Facebook:

”The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few

moments.

If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network

connection.

If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure

that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.”

However the user will receive the message.

What should I do?

Shalom

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Shalom,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Sorry to see that you are having an issue with the Ultimate Facebook plugin and your WordPress installation.

Though this is indeed the first time I have heard of this specific issue, it is my opinion that it has to do with during Facebook registration they are added to the WordPress side of things and not the Buddy Press side of things though this is just a guesstimate.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

By not being able to send them messages, do you mean the private messages (/members/<yourname>/messages/compose/)? If this is the case, I wasn’t able to recreate this issue, it seemed to work fine for me. Can you please make sure that the user name (entered in the “Send To” box) actually exists in your user listing (/wp-admin/users.php)? If it does, perhaps there’s a conflict with a theme you’re using, or some of the other plugins on your site.

• isaacikes
    • New Recruit

but I realised that when you search a user registered via ultimate facebook, buddypress show ‘0’ or ‘non-existance’.

I have search through all the available plugins and I am not encountering any problem with them, I do not know what to do on this one.

Seriously lost.

• isaacikes
    • New Recruit

All users who registered via Ultimate Facebook, cannot be found in search and messages sent are recorded as not sent but the receiver has actually received it whilst the send is being told it was not sent.

But this is not happen to people who registered via Buddypress. I am thinking of retiring the plugin but I have no idea the effect on those who have registered via Ultimate Facebook.

Shalom

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

Thanks for the additional info. Can you please check that the user names you’re searching or messaging actually exist in your user listing (/wp-admin/users.php)? Also, how are you addressing your users – are you searching them via their usernames, full names, first names… ?

• isaacikes
    • New Recruit

Hello,

I have checked the (/wp-admin/users.php) and all the users exist.

I send message to every new user, hence, when a new user registered via Ultimate Facebook, I click on the account and send a private message. But the message is not sent and I get this response:

”The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few

moments.

If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network

connection.

If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure

that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.”

I am lost but your plugin is great man; never forget that.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

I have tried to recreate the scenario you outlined but unfortunately I haven’t been able to this far. Would it be possible to send us a set of login credentials for your site so I can see that issue in action and determine what’s going on? You can do it safely via our contact form – please, indicate that the message is meant for me in the subject, and also include a link to this thread in message body.

• isaacikes
    • New Recruit

Hello,

I just realised that other members who registered via the buddypress page are having the same problem. I am not sure of what is wrong with the system.

If you still want me to create a admin login details for you, I will.

Shalom

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.