"Cannot modify header information – headers already sent"

Hey Guys,

To begin, thanks for putting together this business WPMU Dev its really awesome!

Regarding my issue, once I ticked the option “enable incomplete signup” I get this error on the sign up page after you enter registration info:

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/travelab/public_html/academy/wp-content/themes/shoutbox/header.php:2) in /home/travelab/public_html/academy/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 669

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/travelab/public_html/academy/wp-content/themes/shoutbox/header.php:2) in /home/travelab/public_html/academy/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 670

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/travelab/public_html/academy/wp-content/themes/shoutbox/header.php:2) in /home/travelab/public_html/academy/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 671

I’ve seen this issue posted on here a few times, im guessing it has to do with the theme?

The sign up still goes through, I just get that error that I need to fix.

I am pretty experienced with PHP, and have a background in other programming languages. If someone can point me in the right direction regarding what code I need to remove or replace that would be great!

Best regards,

Gerald

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Gerald,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

I think the following coding may indeed fix this issue by simply adding this code <?php ob_start(); ?> before <!DOCTYPE html> tag in header.php to fix the header warning messages.

Please advise if this does the trick.

Cheers, Joe

• gamn13
    • New Recruit

Hey Joe,

Thanks Mate that did the trick!!

I do have another question,

After a user registers it does not take them to the registration completion page I designated, any ideas on why?

I currently am testing a free subscription, using the free subscriptions gateway

Best regards,

Gerald

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Gerald,

After a user registers it does not take them to the registration completion page I designated, any ideas on why?

I currently am testing a free subscription, using the free subscriptions gateway

In the RC version of the Membership plugin the free gateway can be a little screwy giving different results at different times and it is certain that the lead developer is aware of this and is/has preparing the fix for the next release.

However do you intend to have a paid membership to your site?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Gerald,

The reason why I asked this is because the “Free Gateway” is only used for completely free sites.

Therefore, testing using the “Free gateway” is mute when you will indeed need to deactivate it and then use the normal gateways, creating a “Free Level” at $0 instead addressing the chosen gateway.

I was hoping to save you some time and frustration by informing you of this so you are not fighting with and losing your time on the free gateway.

With that said I believe it is time we move on to the production gateway and test using that?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Gerald,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.