cannot override marketplace theme css

I'm having trouble over-riding the css rules that are part of MarketPress. By this I mean the modern.css, icon.css, and classic.css. These are the rules that create the buttons and so forth.

I'm trying to modify them by adding rules to my child theme but it doesn't work. Probably because the plugin styles are loaded after the the theme styles. I keep having to you the !important tag (and even that doesn't seem to work in some cases). Is there a work around for this?

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

You can completely disable MarketPress styles by adding this to your child theme functions.php:
    <?php add_theme_support('mp_style'); ?>

That'll get rid of the inclusion of those stylesheets and will just use the rules in your child theme.

You could copy/paste the rules you want out of MarketPress then and into your child...

Phil

• Ovidiu
    • Code Wrangler

I am re-opening this thread instead of making a new one since this one is very closely related.

talking about: modern.css, icon.css, and classic.css

Only ONE is active at a time, right? the one I chose in the options of Marketpress.
    There is also a folder called modern-images but the mages inside are being called from inside the icons.css file. the folder name is slightly misleading, maybe simply calling it images would give people a hint it is not related to the style called: "modern"

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hi!

Just checking in :slight_smile:

I'm guessing that because we haven't heard back from you that you've got your issue worked out! If you are still having problems or need any other answers on this particular topic please feel free to come back to this thread at anytime. Just be sure to mark it Not Resolved so we don't miss it!

Thanks for using the WPMU forums!

Best,
    Kimberly

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.