Cannot remove aquaculture menu from selected pages

Hi

I have created a menu (aquaculture) which sits in UberMenu Widget Area 1 just below the 4th bottom widget area. I only want this page to show up on pages related to aquaculture and mariculture. I have tried 15 or so plugins which show/hide widgets. I want to select"show widgets on selected pages" as there are too many pages on the site to select hide selected pages. I have used plugins which use page IDs, select page names, you name it and not one has worked. I still get thhe blue menu just above the footer on every page. Probably spent 8 to 10 hours finding plugins, actiovating them, testing them and then deleting them.

I just can't find a solution, please help!

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Peter, let's see what we can do here. :slight_smile:

I know you said that you've tried a bunch of plugins already, but I was wondering if you had tried our Custom Sidebars Pro plugin?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/custom-sidebars-pro/

One of the features it has is the ability to show (or hide) a widget, based on the rules you've set for it. You wouldn't have to even use a custom sidebar to do this, you'd just click on the "Visibility" button when you're editing a widget.

(you could have the menu widget only show for certain pages, thus avoiding having to select a lot of pages to apply a rule to)

Also, while I can't say for sure if this is an issue, I'd recommend changing your permalink structure so that it uses something like "Post name" (I see that you're using the "Default" permalink structure presently), as that could be causing a hiccup here.

Let me know if this helps please! :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.