Cannot remove mapped domain, permissions issue.

Cannot remove mapped domain, permissions issue. What permissions should be checked?
http://screencast.com/t/HcIHENEFj5

• Tyler Postle

Hey Simon,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for the question. Screenshot helps too - thanks!

I just tested this on my own installation and didn't get that same error. Do you have any plugins that affect user role capabilities? Try deactivating them and seeing if it works then.

If that doesn't work then there is a good chance a plugin is still conflicting - try deactivating all your other ones(easiest way is through FTP) then testing whether you can remove the mapped domain or not.

Are you able to remove it when you are on that specific site?

In Tools > Domain Mapping?

Look forward to hearing back.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Simon,

Thanks for getting back to me :slight_smile:

Did you try checking the rest of the plugins? You can do this through FTP by re-naming the 'plugins' folder to say 'plugins-old' then creating a new 'plugins' folder and placing only your domain mapping plugin in it.

This soft-deactivates all other plugins so their code can't conflict. If it then works, then we know it has to do with another plugin - if it still doesn't then it has just narrowed down the possible conflict significantly :slight_smile:

Once done testing you can move the domain mapping plugins back into 'plugins-old' and delete 'plugins' then re-name 'plugins-old' back to 'plugins' so all your plugins become activate again. Hopefully that makes sense.

If you would like us to perform that test then you can send your FTP credentials to me.

I know you just did this for Mike too as you may have noticed I am hopping between email and forum roles right now :p but if you could send another one in for me that would be perfect, then it will be in my folder.

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Look forward to hearing back Simon!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Simon,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for contacting us!

I deactivated domain mapping and it seems to have got rid of a lot of the 404 errors that were happening, but your home page is still being redirected. I want to get your site working properly without domain mapping, then we can add it back in and get that sorted :slight_smile:

Do you mind temporarily changing your theme to the default twenty fourteen or thirteen. I would of done it myself but I'm always a bit apprehensive when it comes to making changes to someone else site - especially since we mentioned themes in the previous messages.

Let me know if swapping them brings back your home page.

Was your home page working before you installed domain mapping?

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.