cannot restore from snapshot

Hi
I'm having a lot of difficulty restoring from a Snapshot backup and desperatley need help!
I've tried to restore from a local Snapshot but it aborted on the .htaccess line (See screenshot) and now my site is down completely.

I've also tried previously from a Snapshot managed backup by putting the zip file and restore php script in the root folder then navigating to the php - but my browser just gives me the option to download the file.

I'd be very grateful for any help you can offer.

Thanks

• Dimitris

Hey there oliver_haslam,

hope you're doing good and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

I've tried to restore from a local Snapshot but it aborted on the .htaccess line (See screenshot) and now my site is down completely.

Could you please try to manually create a .htaccess in the root directory of your WP installation and use the appropriate code in there from official documentation site?
    https://codex.wordpress.org/htaccess

This should make your site accessible again. If this continues though, we'll need some extra debug information. Could you please access your server through FTP, edit the wp-config.php file, find a line like
    define('WP_DEBUG', false);
    and replace it with the following (if the above line doesn’t exist, simply insert next snippet just above the /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ comment)

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set('display_errors', 0);

By doing so, all error and notice messages will be logged to /wp-content/debug.log file. Simply download it, rename it to debug.txt and attach it here in your next reply.

About the cloud backup restoration, you should be navigating to your-domain.com/snapshot-installer.php where the .zip file should also be present and the restoration process should be started. Both of these files can be downloaded from your Hub page, under the "Backups" tab of your connected website.
    Which browser did you use to get this "download" result?
    Have you tried this with another browser maybe?
    Please advise!

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.