Cannot see admin bar on ONLY 1 subsite

I cannot see the admin bar in one of my subsites. I can see it in the other two.

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Lauren!

Thanks for contacting us!

I've logged in to the site and I can see the error message. It doesn't tell where the problem comes from, though. I'd like to take a closer look at what's causing this.

Would you mind allowing support access to the multisite admin so I can have a closer look at this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Please respond in this ticket once access is granted.

Kind regards,
    Pawel

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Lauren!

Thank you very much. I logged in and looked around for possible sources but I can't see anything that may be related. Especially after you've disabled all the plugins.

The error message tells me that there may be something wrong with core WordPress files.

There's an unsafe option that could fix this - upgrading WordPress to the latest version. But since I'm not sure about the source of this issue, I would not recommend doing it right now.

Instead, I would like to take a look at the WP files via (S)FTP. Would you mind sharing login details so I can take a look?

Note: Don't leave your login details in this ticket.
    Instead, you can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:
    NOTE: Don't change selected topic in the dropdown, just leave it at "I have a different question".

Subject: "Attn: Pawel Pela"
    - Site login URL
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - Folder path to site in question
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls/info

Please respond here after you sent the details.

Kind regards,
    Pawel

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Lauren!

I've received your email and tried to log in to the cPanel file manager, but the username/password you provided doesn't work there. I can log to the server configuration panel, but there's no way to access the files from there. Can you please double check and send me the correct details again?

Kind regards,
    Pawel

• Lauren Russell
    • New Recruit

Sent details again.

Also this morning, I was in the Theme Customizer, clicked on a page, when it opened a new tab for that page, the Admin Bar appeared. When clicking between pages after this point, the admin bar still shows up. Don't know if this helps at all to locate the issue more.

If I go to a page either from Pages -> View, Pages -> Edit -> Build on Front End, or being logged in and going directly to the site - all these paths do not show the admin bar.

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Lauren!

I hope you're well today!

I've managed to finally access the files after you sent the second message. I also managed to fix both of the issues on your site.

The error message which was showing up on the bottom of the site is no longer there. I added a line of code to your theme's functions.php file:

remove_action( 'shutdown', 'wp_ob_end_flush_all', 1 );

This fixes this issue. I think the reason was that there was something in the site that was adding this action, which isn't needed. It has been removed from WordPress not a long time ago.

As for the admin bar not showing, please go back to your site and check if it's there. You may have to clear your browser's cookies, which will cause you to be logged out. But after you log back in to the site, the admin bar should be there again. Seems like there was a setting in Membership Pro >> Settings which was set to Hide admin bar. After resetting it, I had to clear cookies so that WordPress will start showing the bar again.

If you need information on how to clear cookies, please follow this guide: https://us.norton.com/internetsecurity-privacy-how-to-clear-cookies.html

Kind regards,
    Pawel

• Lauren Russell
    • New Recruit

Hi Pawel,
    I've cleared my cookies, tried a different browser, etc. And still having the same problem. Can't see the admin bar, unless I go to Theme Customizer -> Click on a page in the navigation. Then I can see the admin bar.

Additionally, I keep seeing this notice on the bottom of my dashboard:

Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'wp_ob_end_flush_all' not found or invalid function name in /home/wildspiritdevelo/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286

• Lauren Russell
    • New Recruit

Hi Pawel,
    I've cleared my cookies, tried a different browser, etc. And still having the same problem. Can't see the admin bar, unless I go to Theme Customizer -> Click on a page in the navigation. Then I can see the admin bar.

Additionally, I keep seeing this notice on the bottom of my dashboard:

Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'wp_ob_end_flush_all' not found or invalid function name in /home/wildspiritdevelo/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.