Cannot see all registered members

Hi

I need to check a setting in Buddy press. When you click MY ACCOUNT/Members there is a list of 96 people who have registered. However I have 314 Free members but only 96 are listed. What have I done wrong here?

Regards
Nixiwaka

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Nixiwaka,

I hope you're having a nice day!

I've visited your dashboard and took a look around and I can confirm this. The issue here however is that most likely a large number of these members haven't yet logged in to your site ever again after registration/signup.

According to an information I've found on BuddyPress forum user has to logout and login at least once after he's registered to be considered "active", therefore appear on the list. This is intentional as most likely a lot of these users has either signed up for your site before you've implemented BuddyPress there or they just signed up and never returned.

Furthermore, you can actually view an entire list by changing ordering to "Alphabetical" (see screenshot please). That's because two other ordering options include

- "Last active" - and in terms of aforementioned "activity" those "invisible" users weren't active yet
    - "Newly registered" - and it's by design limited to a number of recent signups

The "Alphabetical" option though doesn't take into account whether user has performed any activity on the site or when did she/he sign up.

Unfortunately, it seems there's no solution yet and BuddyPress community seem to only respond with "ask users to login" answer. I think the easiest workaround here would be to use Membership 2 Pro members list instead as in your case this seems to be exactly the same list.

I hope that helps and if you have any further questions, please ask. I'll be glad to assist!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Nixiwaka!

How do I change the link from Buddy press list to membership2 list. I'm just unsure where to make this change?

Currently, the "members" link in your menu comes from BuddyPress, so you're not able to change it by editing WP menu.

As you "Membership 2" members page is yourdomain.com/memtest (you may want to change the slug) you may use .htaccess redirect to redirect users from /members to /memtest page. I think this should do the trick here.

Instead of .htaccess redirect you may use a pluing such as Simple 301 Redirects:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-301-redirects/

You will most likely also want to adjust Membership 2 "Protection Rules" for this members list page.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.