Cannot see Discussion comments and mark as done feature

Hi there,

I would like to ask some questions concerning Discussions tab and Done/percentage.

I cannot see my comments when I answer a question at the Discussions tab. For example, at the "Handling Conflict in the Workplace-Customer care situation" course if you go to Discussion you will see one question "what happened in this scene?" There are two comments there but I cannot see them when I click on the question. When I changed to coursepress theme I could see them though.

2) Is there a way to have Discussions and comments into a course? For example have a Unit which will be one question for discussion (and work as the Discussions tab works right now) For example, at the "Handling Conflict in the Workplace-Customer care situation" course, at the first Unit "A challenging situation" you can check that I have added two questions for discussion. I attach screenshots.

3)Is there a way to have mark as complete or done for the non mandatory activities? At the moment at "Handling Conflict in the Workplace-Customer care situation" course, at the first Unit "A challenging situation" the percentage is 100% all the time because there are no mandatory activities. What I want to succeed is the percentage to be 0% until the user presses "Done" at the end of the Unit.

Thank you.

• Nastia

Hello @Anna, I trust you are well!

I see you are using a premium theme, would you please, send us a copy of Enfold theme directly to contact@wpmudev.org so we can check?
    Please, mention my name in the Subject and the url of this thread:

Subject: “Attn: Anastasia”
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Would you please grant support access from your Dashboard > WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access so that I can check?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Is there a way to have Discussions and comments into a course?

I'm afraid not. But you could install a forum plugin -> bbPress plugin, to achieve this.
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress/

Is there a way to have mark as complete or done for the non mandatory activities? At the moment at "Handling Conflict in the Workplace-Customer care situation" course, at the first Unit "A challenging situation" the percentage is 100% all the time because there are no mandatory activities. What I want to succeed is the percentage to be 0% until the user presses "Done" at the end of the Unit.

I have created a new unit with no mandatory questions. The unit percentage was at 0%, after the button "Done" was clicked, it went to 100%. Perhaps I don't understand you correcrly.

Can you please elaborate,?

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Nastia

Hello @Anna, I hope you are well!

I have tested for theme conflict and found that the plugin is working with Enfold Theme. In your case the Courses Pro Plugin is having a conflict with an Enfold child theme.

Would you please send us your credentials so we can have a closer look?

You can send credentials by using our secure contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Subject: “Attn: Anastasia”
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select “I have a different question” for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

If I want this link http://mysite.com/foldername/forums/forum/unit-1/ that I created through Bb Press to be one Unit by itself?

You can display bbp forum by placing a shortcode inside a Unit. In order to diplay a single forum, please place thi shortoce in to your Unit:
    [bbp-single-forum id=$forum_id]
    Replace $forum_id with your forum ID

More bbp shortcodes:
    https://codex.bbpress.org/features/shortcodes/

Concerning the mark as complete issue, in my website I created a unit with no mandatory assessments and yes the percentage was 0%. But when I only visited the Unit page, without pressing Done, the percentage turned to 100%. Is this happening only in my website? I want the percentage to become 100% only when you press Done, not by simply just visiting the Unit.

Since, there is no required action from the user's end, it's considered as complete task. This is how the plugin works. But I will ping a developer about this and ask if it can be changed.

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Anna Maria

Hi Nastia,

I sent you the email with the details. It would be nice if the mark as complete could be changed. I look forward to your reply and the developer's reply.

I have one more question. I've made a lot of changes to my child theme, not only the CSS and I am not sure that I update correctly my theme everytime a new update is out. All I need to do is to update the parent theme? And then the child theme inherits the info from the parent theme? Because I am not sure I remember all the changes I've made so far to the child theme.

Thanks.

• Nastia

Hello @Anna, I hope you are well!

Thank you for sending your credentials, I have notified our developers about this. As soon as there’s an update on this issue, the developer or myself will post back on this thread with an update.

All I need to do is to update the parent theme? And then the child theme inherits the info from the parent theme?

The child theme it actively inherits everything from your parent theme. Once a new file exists in your child theme, it will be used instead of the original file in the parent theme.
    You can update the parent theme, but this won't affect the files in your child theme.

could you please also check the problem with the percentage I have

We can't consider this as an issue, because this is how the plugin works.
    If there are no actions required from the user, it's considered as a complete task. I asked our developers opinion about this, as soon as there’s an update on this, the developer or myself will post back on this thread.

You could create this request in the features and feedback forum to give it more exposure amongst other members of the community. More +1’s this feature request will get more likely it would be considered for development.

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Anna Maria

Hi Nastia,

The problem with the percentage, I mean another past problem I have with mandatory units. I had opened other discussion about it in the past but the problem wasn't solved. When I complete the activities of a mandatory unit the percentage doesn't turn into 100% and as a result you can't move on the next unit. If you check my message with the credentials again you will see attached at the bottom the link from that discussion.

Thank you.

• Anna Maria

Hi Nastia,

Except from the problem that I stated here with the discussion comments, the mark as done feature (if it is possible to be implemented by your developers) and the mandatory units percentage problem

When I complete the activities of a mandatory unit the percentage doesn't turn into 100% and as a result you can't move on the next unit.

I have one more question to ask about bbpress. I can't see the new comments and topics there immediately and the interface looks different with the Enfold child theme I am using. I attach some screenshots.

Thank you.

• Nastia

Hello @Anna Maria, I hope you are well!

I have one more question to ask about bbpress. I can't see the new comments and topics there immediately and the interface looks different with the Enfold child theme I am using. I attach some screenshots.

You could run a quick check for a conflict with a plugin.
    You can follow the flowchart from our manual:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

I'm not familiar with bbPress plugin, and this requires support beyond our scope. For this matter, please contact the support team of bbPress plugin:
    https://bbpress.org/forums/

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Nastia