Cannot see WPMU DEV Dashboard on other sites

Please help!

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey there @DigitalOne Ltd.,

Hope you're well today :slight_smile:

Are you referring to subsites on your multisite? If this is the case then this is the default behavior of the plugin, WPMU DEV link in admin is only visible on network admin panel and only for super admin (you).

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Bojan

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey again @DigitalOne Ltd.,

I see that the one where you have Dashboard working fine is home.mdk.dental. Which is the other one?

Also please let me know if these are separate sites or just different domains? Do you have dashboard plugin installed on your second site?

Please advise,
    Bojan

• faydra_deon
    • WordPress Warrior

Since you are uploading through FTP and not through the WordPress Dashboard as the user who has permission to see the plugin, you may need to go into your wp-config.php and specifically let WP know which user(s) can view the Dev Dashboard.

Above

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Add

define('WPMUDEV_LIMIT_TO_USER', '1'); – for one user.
    define('WPMUDEV_LIMIT_TO_USER', '1, 10'); – for multiple users (they are all user IDs).

You would change the "1" and/or "10" to the ID number for the user.

I hope that helps.

Faydra...

• DigitalOne Ltd.
    • Flash Drive

Faydra, thanks for the response...

need help too on how to upload through the WP Dashboard?
    I tried uploading the WPMU DEV dashboard files (changelog.txt, includes, update-notification.php) but it always returned with "plugin activation failed" so had to resort to ftp upload after I saw some previous threads within this forum.
    step-by-step help will be highly appreciated.

• DigitalOne Ltd.
    • Flash Drive

Hi Faydra,

I added the line to wp-config.php file but the problem persists only on Godaddy hosting, is what I figured out.
    I bought another hosting and installed the WPMU DEV dashboard to it, seems to work perfectly through the wp plugins upload page. No issues recorded for the 2 domains on other hosting so far.
    Since I have Godaddy's Ultimate hosting plan just renewed, hence i'm struggling to get this to work.

Thanks!

• faydra_deon
    • WordPress Warrior

Aw, GoDaddy. Yes.

They're great for domain registration. Not so great for shared hosting.

I'm glad you got it working. Awesome.

FYI: I'm not sure if you have to keep GoDaddy, but if not you should be able to get a refund for any unused hosting. You mentioned it just renewed, so I'm not totally sure under renewal circumstances. I tried shared hosting with them once, and paid for three years in advance. After about two weeks, I realized they weren't going to work out, and they refunded all my money.

Faydra...

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.