Cannot "select default image" thumbnail

When configuring an feed, one of the last options is being able to set a default thumbnail image, but when I click on "Select Default Image", nothing happens. No popup box, nothing.

I am on WP 4.0, using the default Twenty Fourteen theme.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Rob,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

I just tested this on my install and I got the add media pop up as expected.

What version of PHP are you using? Are you seeing any Java conflicts in the console on that page?

If that doesn't help then do you mind granting support access so we can take a closer look?

You can grant support access via admin dashboard - WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Look forward to hearing back Rob!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Rob,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for getting back to us :slight_smile:

I notice you have a child theme active, it doesn't look like anything in it would be causing the conflict here, but just to be sure would you mind swapping to the parent 2014 theme? If that doesn't resolve anything then can you send your FTP and WP login in privately to us?

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

That way we can do a debug test and see if we can further narrow down the issue here :slight_smile:

Only reason I suggest sending WP login too is in-case the access expires, then we don't have to ask for it again.

Look forward to hearing back Rob!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Rob

Hello,

I switched to the main Twenty Fourteen theme to see if the problem still occurs, and it still does. The media box does not pop-up. I've tried in both Chrome and Firefox.

I'm not sure what the issue is, it must be the theme itself.

I have purchased another plugin for $6 off of CodeCanyon that allows you to set a category fallback thumbnail, so all is well and working.

Thanks for the help though.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.