Cannot test paypal using Fundrasing plugin

Hi.

When trying to test the fundraising plugin, I keep getting the following error:

There was a problem connecting to PayPal. Please try again.

There was a problem connecting with the paypal gateway. (CODE) There was an error contacting PayPal’s servers. SSL connect error

Yes, I have a paypal sandbox set up. Please advise.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Sharee Cammon, hope you had a wonderful day.

Is it happening suddenly or it's happening from the beginning of when you configured PayPal Sandbox? I tried to regenerate the issue on my test site, but seems like PayPal Sandbox is having some issues lately. They are saying:

We are sorry, we are experiencing temporary difficulties. Please try again later. If this error occurred while making a payment, avoid duplicate payments by checking your Account Overview before resending a payment.

Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

So I'll suggest you to wait for a while and try again. I hope PayPal will come up with a fix very soon.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Rupok

• MzPlatinum
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Rupok,

After doing some snooping, it turns out it may be related to the cURL software.

I need this line of code added per Hostgator:

Jorge A

Thank you for your patience, our admins roll out the updates after stability and extensive testing. The version of curl that is currently used on our servers is not currently detected properly by paypal servers, but it does function with it. There is a fix for this issue until an update is rolled out on the servers to update the version of curl. You would just need to have your developer add this specific line of code into the application that uses curl to communicate, this will allow it to be detected correctly by paypal servers:

curl_setopt ($setuploginurl, CURLOPT_SSLVERSION, 6);

Can you guys tell me where to add this line at.

Thanks!

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Sharee Cammon, hope you had a wonderful day.

Our plugin developer can give you best idea regarding this. So I’m flagging him here.

Please keep in mind, our developers work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to check this and provide a workaround.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Rupok

• MzPlatinum

Ok guys…so here’s what happened after I added the cURL code:

The Good: Paypal is actually connecting now. Yay!

Bad news….

“There was a problem connecting with the Paypal gateway. (CODE)520003 Authentication failed. API credentials are incorrect.”

I’m still getting an error. And yes the credentials I added are correct. Copy and pasted, deleted and backspaced any spaces that might have been hiding.

Please advise. :slight_smile:

P.S. Thanks so much for the quick response. I know you guys have a lot of tickets, work and development. I really appreciate the help. :slight_smile:

• MzPlatinum

Ok so back to my thread now…

I was wrong! Yay right! My API Sandbox Username was entered wrong. :slight_smile:

I went back and combed back through it and noticed I copied the wrong thing. Yay!!!

Tested it again and it went to Paypal! Yay :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.