Cannot update plugins

I am unable to update any plugin on the site. I always get "Update Failed: Could not create directory." error

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello John

This usually happens when there is a permission error. Would you please check if you have correct permission to the wp-content directory? Please follow this article for correct permission: https://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_File_Permissions

If you are sure about correct file permission, then it could be a plugin conflict. Please deactivate all plugins and then try to update one. If you can update one, then activate the popular ones together and update another one. This is how you can find if there is a conflict.

Let us know how it goes. Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• John
    • New Recruit

I disabled all plugins except the WPMU plugins, still no luck.

This is a recent issue with no changes on my end other than installing your plugins.

Really need some help with this from your end.
    I have multiple sites running your plugins and will be adding more.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi John,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I tried to login via the WP admin credentials shared via chats, but I was getting the following error message:

ERROR: Incorrect username or password.

Then checked the given FTP login credentials, and tried to create an admin account via FTP, but I was getting the following error message, in the FTP side, when I tried to create new file:
    Response: 552 Transfer aborted. Disk quota exceeded

The above error would explain the reason for the plugins not getting updated too, the server seems to be running out of disk space.

Increasing the disk space, or removing unwanted files in the root folder, so should help regarding this, which in return should help with the plugin update issues.

Please do bring this into your hosting provider, so that this could be fixed. And let us know ify ou still have any further query, have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.