Cannot Update WPMU DEV Plugins normally

I have many sites in WPMUDEV, using various hosting companies. I have no problem updating plugins on any of them, but on some sites, I cannot updates WPMUDEV plugins.
For example, babyliss.se. I cannot update plugins from the Plugins page, nor from WPMUDEV hub.
This is the error I get:
Error in Swedish :
Uppdateringen misslyckades: Uppdateringen av tillägg misslyckades. » Uppdateringen av tillägg misslyckades.
Translation to English:
Update failed: Update update failed. »The extension update failed.
I updated the dashboard plugin via FTP, and that worked. I have 6 more WPMUDEV plugins and it is a bit time consuming to do it via FTP every time. And for several sites.

• Nazmul H. Rupok

Hi there,

Hope you are doing great. I am sorry for the inconvenience you are facing. I believe we could solve this together. I have checked the chat history and looks like you are yet to send the requested credentials. If you provide me with additional login credentials, I can look into it more.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question
    Please visit our private Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

Subject: "Attn: Nazmul"

In the Message box, please provide the following:

- link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- FTP/SFTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

Best regards,
    Nazmul

• Dimitris

Hello there Daniel Herstedt,

hope you're doing good today and I'm really sorry for the long waiting time here (a wrong tag we placed in the email you've kindly sent to us with credentials for http://baby****.** caused that).

I've just tried to manually update WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin via FTP and then update the rest of our plugins. Despite that Smush plugin updated without any issue, I'm still unable to update the remaining ones, as I also get the aforementioned error.

I've also activated WP_DEBUG, as well as our own WPMUDEV_API_DEBUG and forwarded the results to our developers for further investigation (there's a warning in there, I'm not sure if this will help us at this point though).

Another thing that got my attention is that the default "Updates" screen in /wp-admin area isn't reachable with the admin user you've shared with us...

Have you made any changes in the capabilities of this user?

Have you also tried to deactivate all plugins apart from WPMUDEV Dashboard, activate a default theme like TwentySeventeen and try to update once more?
    You should also update WP core before that, as you're on v.4.8.4 and latest one is v.4.9.1.

Please do let me know, if you're able to make this core update and conflict test (this flow chart will help you conduct this test: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Support-Process-Support-Process.gif
    If this isn't possible due to the "live" nature of this website, you can either create a staging environment first, meaning an exact copy of this installation into another location/folder in the same server, using a separate database, or deactivate all other plugins apart from WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin via this little handy plugin, Health Check.

Looking forward for your feedback, warm regards,
    Dimitris :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.