cannot upload images

Hello,
I cannot upload by bb activity plus.
This is error: "Could not save uploaded file.The upload was cancelled, or server error encountered"
PLease view error in the attachment.
Thanks

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey tonyle,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

I had a look at your site and noticed that you have Snapshot installed so I've restore your backup on my local installation in order to test the plugins and themes you have but I was unable to replicate the issue there so it looks like this is something server related.

Can you get in touch with your hosting provider and ask them to check server logs so we can see if there's anything in there that could tell us what's blocking frontend uploads?

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello tonyle,

In order to be able to tell you how to fix the issue we first need to find out what's causing it. That's why my colleague asked you if you could get in touch with your host to check the logs.

Since you're running a VPS you would need to check these logs by yourself but if you don't know how to do it, you might consider hiring a sysadmin to help you with this and with future server management as running VPS is an easy task only if nothing wrong happens. But if anything goes wrong you might loose a lot (or everything there) if you're not familiar with administration tasks. That's a side note but I think it's worth pointing your attention to it to save you troubles in future.

As for now, we should take a look at WP debug log. You would want to enable WordPress debugging by adding following lines to the "wp-config.php" file of your site:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true):
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

Make sure that these lines are above the "/* That's all, stop editing... */" line and then try to upload the image a couple of times.

After that, download the /wp-content/debug.log file, rename it to "debug.txt" and share with us here please.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.