cannot use the free trial

Hello, I have just registered for a free trial of coursepress and I have wordpress installed on my computer. So I boot it up from localhost. When I install the coursepress pro plugin, it says:

"This local development site url has previously been registered with WPMU DEV by the user Ari(a*i@nomo*eexcuses.com.au). To use this site url, login with the original user or upgrade your trial to a full membership. Alternatively, try a more uniquely named development site url. Contact support if you need further assistance."

I find it absurd that I cannot try the plugin through the localhost. Hope there is a fix for that.

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello serdar,

I hope you are well today.

Sometimes this can happen if your localhost IP address switches to one that another member has had registered in the past.

Would you please visit our Contact page and submit an email to our Billing Team so they can clear out the association with the other member's account and enable you to install and test plugins on your host.

Please visit the Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

Select "I have a billing question" from the drop-down box.

In the Message box, please provide the following:

- link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls and IP addresses

Best regards,

James Morris

• Yasaf Burshan
    • Flash Drive

serdar I can't really see how this approach will help you in making any progress as the tech/billing team will need your IP address in order to fix the issue for you.
    It will be bad practice to paste that info here, therefore you should send the info via private contact form.

#Justsaying....

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there serdar,

hope you're doing good and don't mind chiming in!

You can surpass this by choosing a more unique folder name for your WP installation as "localhost/wordpresss/" is already registered by another member and his localhost installation.

If you change "localhost/wordpresss/" folder name to "localhost/wordpresss-serdar/" or something that'll be unique more likely, you should be good to use our services without any involvement by our accounting stuff.

Here's official guide on how to move directories
    https://codex.wordpress.org/Moving_WordPress#Moving_Directories_On_Your_Existing_Server

Let me know how that works for you!
    Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.