Can't access dashboard on newly created subdomain, error message "server not found"

Hi
I can't access the dashboard on newly created sub domains sites and also I seem to have problems with adding the new sub domin it says .www.mydomain.com? but it should be .mydomain.com!

• Nastia

Hello Valid

I hope you are doing well today!

If you have a subdomain multisite setup, please make sure that you have this line set to "true" in wp-config.php file:
    define( 'SUBDOMAIN_INSTALL', true );
    Did you set up a wildcard subdomains? If you haven't, please check here how to configure wildcard subdomains:
    https://codex.wordpress.org/Configuring_Wildcard_Subdomains

If this is not a case, would you please run a quick check for a conflict wih a plugin like it's shown at the flowchart from our Getting Support manual?

Deactivate all of your plugins and switch to a default WordPress theme and try to access again your subsite. Id it's working activate one plugin at the time, and switch back to theme you are using to find if there is a conflict between those.

Let us know how it went?

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Nastia

Hello Valid

I hope you are doing well today!

"Server not found" is a DNS error, the DNS need to be pointed to point it at your sites root (public_html folder). Is this is not the case, and it was working at the begging and now it's not, try the following solution.

Locate your .htaccess file, keep the original copy of it ( if something will go wrong, you can always restore it).

Put the following code inside the .htaccess file, replacing other WordPress rules:

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]

# add a trailing slash to /wp-admin
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?wp-admin$ $1wp-admin/ [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^ - [L]
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(wp-(content|admin|includes).*) $2 [L]
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(.*\.php)$ $2 [L]
    RewriteRule . index.php [L]

If this will not help, would you please send to us your credentials so we can have a closer look?

You can send your credentials using our secure contact form:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Nastia”
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - login url
    - CPanel login details
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

Let us know how it went!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Nastia

Hello Hifa

My apologies for late reply

Unfortunately its not working again! I must have done something wrong.

Would you please let us know ehat changes you made, before it stoped working?

I'm afraid that the credentials you have sent to us are no longer working. Would you please resend them via our secure contact form?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Nastia”
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - login url
    - CPanel login details
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

We are waiting for your email!

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.