Can't access Hummingbird dashboard

Can't access Hummingbird dashboard and assets optimization. It ends up with 500 error

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Benjamin_Creative

I hope you're well today!

It seems that the support access is not working anymore and the site access credentials that you shared during the chat are now invalid. I can't access the site to check it.

Could you please check and make sure that support access to the site is open? If it shows (on "WPMU DEV -> Support" page) that it's still active, please revoke it and grant again, then let me know here.

I could also make use of the access to the database as I'm suspecting that issue is related to it. Would you please provide me with access credentials to it too? A direct phpMyAdmin link along with login, password and database name would suffice.

To safely share it, please first make sure that support access is granted (as explained above) and then put those credentials into the text box under "Access active for X days" on "WPMU DEV -> Support" page in your site's back-end. This message won't be posted anywhere and will stay in your site available only for you and me (after I access the site).

Let me know here once you're ready and I'll proceed with troubleshooting this.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Benjamin,

I'm afraid that I can't access your site via either support access or the details provided in chat, and FTP login is also not working for me so I couldn't check this further.
    Since you're hosting your site on WP Engine you should be able to create staging site easily, so can you please do that and provide us access to that staging site so we can investigate this further there?
    Note: Don't leave your login details in this ticket.
    Instead, send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:
    NOTE: Don't change selected topic in the dropdown, just leave it at "I have a different question".

Subject: "Attn: Predrag Dubajic"
    - Site login URL
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - SFTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - Folder path to site in question
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls/info

Please respond here once the details are sent.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Benjamin_Creative
    • Flash Drive

That so strange. Could it be Defender locking you out?...

Anyway i made a fresh staging site and i guess that, because of the disabled cache/CDN from WPengine on staging, i could access the Assets optimisation and Dashboard.

But then i ran: DELETE FROM 'frbc_posts' WHERE 'post_type' LIKE 'wphb_minify_group'

It deleted 8334 rows...

And everything is back to normal. I'll try to disable the WPMU CDN. And hope its the problem. It helped on another site earlier. But i could have a suspicion that the plugin slowly fill up the database. Maybe only on WPengine platform... I will return, if that is the case.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Benjamin_Creative

Thanks for getting back to us and I'm actually glad to that you found about "wphb_minfy_group" as this was exactly what I was about to look for :slight_smile:

There should be those posts as they are related to Asset Optimization but not necessarily that many. I haven't had any case of this so far on WPEngine I think but in previous cases it was always related to either a server-side cache "messing around" or a site being actually moved from another host where this already was "messed up". Particularly, if the site was either on or moved from SiteGround or GoDaddy with their server-side caches enabled.

On WPEngine as far as I know their cache is by default disabled for staging sites but on a live site it shouldn't "mess" this too (at least, as far as I'm aware, it didn't do it so far). So, what I would suggest, would be this: clear up the live site the same way and keep a close eye on the database to see if those wphb_minify_group posts keep coming back increasingly and fast or are kept on relatively steady level.

If there's any additional tool/plugin that might be attempting to "optimize/cache" database (apart from WPEngine's cache) you might want to keep it disabled as well for a while or check how the db behaves with- and without it disabled.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Benjamin_Creative
    • Flash Drive

The site is build on WPengine so no migration.
    Actually it was on the live site i removed the post from the DB. And it is up in speed again.

I will keep an eye on the database and return if it's starting to mess up again.

Caching plugins is not allowed on WPengine, so there should be no conflicts.

Thanks for your time!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.