Can't Access - Membership > All Members

When I try to access the member section on membership plugin (Membership > All Members) I'm getting a 500 Server Error :

500 Server Error
A misconfiguration on the server caused a hiccup. Check the server logs, fix the problem, then try again.
URL: http://ministerscouncil.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=membershipmembers

This was working fine a few days ago, how can I fix this problem.

Thanks,

Alexander

Hey @daymon_smith,

A 500 error usually means there's a fatal PHP error behind the scenes. We can take a look at this, and find out what's causing it.

Can you try enabling WP_DEBUG mode and debug logging? To do this, just go to wp-config.php include this:

define('WP_DEBUG',true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG',true);

You might already have a line for WP_DEBUG, so just make sure it's set to true. This will create a log file under wp-content/debug.log with detailed information.

If you'd like to avoid end users seeing error messages, you can include this as well:

@ini_set('display_errors',0);
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

This will prevent errors from being displayed, but you can still find them in the log file. For information on this, checkout this wpmu.org article.

Let me know what errors if any you are getting!

Best regards,

daymon_smith

Hello @Alexander Rohmann

Sorry for the delay but I ran the debug you asked and this is what I get now:

Content Encoding Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Here is the full log displayed before I get redirected to the error:

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class Add_New_Users in /home3/djstechn/public_html/ministerscouncil/wp-content/plugins/add-new-users/add-new-users.php on line 49

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home3/djstechn/public_html/ministerscouncil/wp-content/plugins/add-new-users/add-new-users.php on line 480

Notice: Use of undefined constant SENDGRID_CATEGORY - assumed 'SENDGRID_CATEGORY' in /home3/djstechn/public_html/ministerscouncil/wp-content/plugins/sendgrid-email-delivery-simplified/wpsendgrid.php on line 18

Notice: Use of undefined constant SENDGRID_PLUGIN_SETTINGS - assumed 'SENDGRID_PLUGIN_SETTINGS' in /home3/djstechn/public_html/ministerscouncil/wp-content/plugins/sendgrid-email-delivery-simplified/wpsendgrid.php on line 19

Notice: Use of undefined constant SENDGRID_PLUGIN_PAGE - assumed 'SENDGRID_PLUGIN_PAGE' in /home3/djstechn/public_html/ministerscouncil/wp-content/plugins/sendgrid-email-delivery-simplified/wpsendgrid.php on line 20

Notice: Undefined index: nostyle in /home3/djstechn/public_html/ministerscouncil/wp-content/plugins/simple-google-map/simple-google-map.php on line 63

Strict Standards: Declaration of Theme_My_Login::get_object() should be compatible with Theme_My_Login_Abstract::get_object($class) in /home3/djstechn/public_html/ministerscouncil/wp-content/plugins/theme-my-login/includes/class-theme-my-login.php on line 17

Strict Standards: Declaration of Theme_My_Login_Admin::get_object() should be compatible with Theme_My_Login_Abstract::get_object($class) in /home3/djstechn/public_html/ministerscouncil/wp-content/plugins/theme-my-login/admin/class-theme-my-login-admin.php on line 15

Strict Standards: Declaration of PageNavi_Options_Page::validate() should be compatible with scbAdminPage::validate($new_data, $old_data) in /home3/djstechn/public_html/ministerscouncil/wp-content/plugins/wp-pagenavi/admin.php on line 156

Notice: Use of undefined constant PHP_SELF - assumed 'PHP_SELF' in /home3/djstechn/public_html/ministerscouncil/wp-content/themes/dandelion/functions.php on line 8

Notice: get_theme_data is deprecated since version 3.4! Use wp_get_theme() instead. in /home3/djstechn/public_html/ministerscouncil/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2919

Strict Standards: Declaration of SendPress_Sender_Sendgridapi::send_email() should be compatible with SendPress_Sender::send_email($to, $subject, $html, $text, $istest, $sid, $list_id, $report_id) in /home3/djstechn/public_html/ministerscouncil/wp-content/plugins/sendpress-pro/classes/class-sendpress-sender-sendgridapi.php on line 10

Strict Standards: Declaration of SendPress_Sender_Sendgrid::send_email() should be compatible with SendPress_Sender::send_email($to, $subject, $html, $text, $istest, $sid, $list_id, $report_id) in /home3/djstechn/public_html/ministerscouncil/wp-content/plugins/sendpress-pro/classes/class-sendpress-sender-sendgrid.php on line 12

Strict Standards: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, non-static method wpSendGridSettings::sendgridPluginMenu() should not be called statically in /home3/djstechn/public_html/ministerscouncil/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 429

Notice: get_theme_data is deprecated since version 3.4! Use wp_get_theme() instead. in /home3/djstechn/public_html/ministerscouncil/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2919

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home3/djstechn/public_html/ministerscouncil/wp-content/themes/dandelion/envato-wordpress-toolkit-library/class-envato-wordpress-theme-upgrader.php on line 39

Strict Standards: Declaration of Envato_WordPress_Theme_Upgrader::upgrade() should be compatible with Theme_Upgrader::upgrade($theme, $args = Array) in /home3/djstechn/public_html/ministerscouncil/wp-content/themes/dandelion/envato-wordpress-toolkit-library/class-envato-wordpress-theme-upgrader.php on line 24

Skip to main content

and I still cant navigate my members. Any idea of what's going on, any chance you can take a look into it.

Thanks,

Alexander

Hi @daymon_smith,

I've never seen Membership cause a content encoding error. Could you try testing for conflicts in code actively running on the site. Try switching to a default theme temporarily like TwentyThirteen. Let me know if there are errors in this theme. If so, we know there's a conflict with the active theme.

If that doesn't make a difference, try disabling all your plugins one at a time. Try reloading the page each time you deactivate one. If it starts working, we'll know the last plugin you toggled was causing a problem.

Once we identify a conflict, we can look for a specific solution for it.

daymon_smith

Hello @Alexander Rohmann

I went over your suggestion and didn't find any conflict with plugins or theme. But after updating wordpress I can now search for users, and filter users but I still can't navigate to next page even though it shows page 1 of 26 the link to > next page or >> last page don't work. The filters seem to work as well so it's just the page navigation that is not working.

If you like I could show you on video, I've been dealing with this problem for a while and it's the only thing holding back my site at the moment.

Thanks,

Alexander

Hi @daymon_smith,

I'm sorry for missing this. Rather than a video, would you mind if I logged in to troubleshoot this? I might be able to spot something quickly, or get a better idea of what's happening.

If this is ok, could you send me FTP and WordPress admin over the contact form?
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/
    - Choose "I have a different question"
    - Include my name in the subject "Alexander Rohmann"
    - Include a link back to this thread
    - Include any relevant login information (FTP & WordPress Admin)