Can't access network admin after installing WPMU plugins

I've just installed Communities and Membership 2 plugins from here via the dashboard and now I can't access network admin at all!

On a page I'd left open it still came up on the drop down menu but I got an error message saying I didn't have access.

On the other tabs it doesn't even show up as an option, so I can't even remove the offending plugins

I thought the plugins from here didn't cause problems.

Help please!!!

• Aicee Taguilaso

Hi Adda! Hope you're doing well today!

Please access your site through FTP. Then go to wp-contents/plugins. Rename the plugins folder to something like, "old-plugins". Try to log in to your site's backend/admin dashboard. If you can now log in properly, rename the "old-plugins" folder back to its default name, "plugins". Then, try installing and activating Communities and Membership 2 Pro plugins first, if they are working fine, try activating your other plugins one by one.

Let me know if you need further assistance on this.

Cheers,
    Aicee

• Adda

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I did some googling and found something about editing wp-config changing multisite to false so I could log in and see the plugins which were all de-activated, then I changed it back to true and without the plugins I could go back to network admin. I removed these two plugins and it's all back to normal now. I think it may have been the communities rather than memberships that did it, which is just as well as communities seems to required backed admin access and that's not what I was looking for.

Thanks again.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Adda,

Glad you could access your site back.

You can just activate this plugin one by one to know which one is causing the issue so that we can help you to resolve it.

Yes currently the Communities plugin is managed from admin area. There is already a feature request created for this feature and this feature may be added in future version of plugin but We don't publish ETAs to prevent disappointment if a deadline is missed(which in plugin development quite a frequent occurrence!).

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi