can't access to change avatar, Add, edit or erase any file or social

Hi guys,

I have installed Jobs&Experts plugin and have several problems...

It looks great and worked a short moment and then broke on several parts:

1 - in Experts or Jobs forms (adding and editing) -- I can't access to "change avatar", "Add", "edit" or "erase" any file and neither access or change "Social"

2 - No job found neither from search, neither from menu or tab...

3 - No edited Expert from Edit button in My Expert dashboard page

4 - I can't deactivate addons

5 - How can I change the html for page ...expert/expert-name that I can't find in wordpress pages dashboard ?

6 - Is there any problems with permalink ?

7 - Is there any javascript conflicts?

It's doesn't work neither with Twenty Fourteen theme neither without any other plugins... :slight_frown: then I don't know ???

Please Heeelp me !
I gave you access to my site WPMU guys :wink:

Thanks for your great work and hope to read you soon... and breathe again :slight_smile:

PS For those french webguys working on this plugin, I made the translation. It's in tha place :wink: - I'll put some few changes un peu plus tard. Sinon vous pouvez me contacter...

• Tyler Postle

Hey Khrystof,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

I can see you have several javascript conflicts on your pages. Do you mind deactivating your security plugin and WP Rocket, then swapping to the twenty fourteen default theme and clearing your browser cache, then checking it?

I know you mentioned you already did theme and plugin conflicts checks, but just want to make sure you cleared your browser cache first :slight_smile:

If the issue is still happening then post back and we'll take another look to get this sorted!

Talk to you soon.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Khrystof,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your doing that :slight_smile:

I think this definitely has to do with changing the db tables pre-fix, it isn't able to find the correct tables. Did you follow some sort of guide to do this from the security expert? Just want to get a better idea of exactly what was done. Then we can provide suggestions from there.

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• khrystof

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for your answer, hope you're fine.

I simply change wp_ to the prefix i chose at the very beginning of Wordpress installation.
      Then it creates the right settings in the wo-config file.
      I did nothing else about that...
      For security reason, it is recommanded to do that, it is so my only reason.

> Do you think I should re-install with wp_ prefix ?
      > If not, How could I change things to able job experts plugin to work ?
      ---Is there specifics files where I could change prefix manualy. (Not too much I hope :wink: )

I did install a security plugin called IthemesSecurity plugin. But I did deactivate It.
      > Do you think it could still be a problem because of the files It could have modified ?
      > Then here again, should I Install again from scratch ?
      > Do you want me to activate that plugin for you to check?

Thanks for your effort about my problems.
      Am I the only One in that kind of problems ?

Kind regards
      Khrystof

• khrystof

Hey Michelle and Tyler,

Hope all is fine for you.
    I'm back to you to try and fix jobs&experts database and javascript problems.

>> Do you have any idea I can fix database errors. For you to remind, I change the wp_ prefix and It could be a reason of no jobs found...

>>What would you advise me to solve my javascript troubles for social, portfolio and avatar edit and change...?

Do you think there is a way to fix or do I have to forget this plugin?

Thanks for your investigations...

All the best
    Khrystof

• Tyler Postle

Hey Khrystof,

Apologies for my delay here!

Since you changed the wp_ at the very beginning then that shouldn't have been a problem, you mentioned you setup a new one with wp_ though and it's still happening?

I'm thinking you are right with the ithemes security plugin still being an issue, security plugins often change some key files in your installation, such as wp-config and .htaccess. SImply deactivating a security plugin doesn't completely uninstall it from your WordPress.

Do you mind sending in your FTP and WP credentials so I can investigate further into the issue?

You can send them though our private contact form.

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Look forward to hearing back Khrystof!

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.