Can't Activate Level But it has 100+ members in it. If I Clone it and delete what happens to th

That is all.

Main issue is I can't activate the level. The DB looks ok. I am using 2.1 of Membership, I've seen some suggestions to delete the level But I didn't want to do that until I understand what happens to the members in that level first.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings aware,

You are using version 2.1 of the Membership plugin?

In any event it would be in your best interest to make a backup of your database asap and then upgrade to the newest version 3 at your earliest convenience moving forward from there.

Please advise as to the current Membership plugin.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• aware
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Yeah the site is on 2.1.4. I really didn't want to jump to 3 yet.

I manually moved the users before I deleted the level. But I am a bit gunshy to upgrade to 3. We are managing over 1000+ active users with different subscription/member levels.

We also have some page templates that are looking for different Membership levels using current_user_on_level() for 3 different levels of users.
    Is that method still available in version 3, additionally are the levels that we in place previously still there when upgrading to 3?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings aware,

I can completely understand your hesitation and before I give uninformed advice that may possibly cause harm I would rather consult with our resident expert the lead developer of the Membership plugin.

This may take a bit more time then a regular ticket, but I will see if I can get him in here asap to advise and offer any advice applicable to your questions and upgrading.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• aware

Just wanted to follow up on this. I replicated my setup on another box. Everything appears to be working the same way so I assume the level checking and what not are the same for both versions. I am going to be doing some additional testing just to be certain but I figured I would post an update here as well

• aware

Whoops, yeah I forgot a key part. I replicated the site on another server and upgraded to version 3 and things seemed to be working ok. I figured I would keep the thread open for now just in case I come across any issues. But so far so good.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings aware,

Thank you for letting us know.

Please do create a new ticket in the event of an issue so that we may go ahead and troubleshoot from the top and if calling in the developer for assistance he does not need to read through all the now irrelevant comments that we have since switching versions.

I am sure you understand and there is no cost for opening a new ticket :slight_smile:

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.