Can't activate manually added members

Hi there, I've tried to migrate old members to this new membership site. However, once I've created them I can't make them 'active' even though it says their membership will expire in 2018. Please review and fix if possible. best. K
Site: Trebuchet.click
I have enabled support log in.

• viobru
    • Support

Hi, Ananda!

Hope you’re doing well today :slight_smile:

Thanks for informing us about this. Seems that this is a bug and our developers are currently working on it. But, meanwhile, you can use this temporary fix in order to get it working:

Replace this file class-ms-controller-member.php, that you’ll find in this location /wp-content/plugins/membership/app/controller/ from within your installation, with the one you’ll find in the .zip file attached to this thread. Please, remember to unzip it first before uploading it.

Regards,

Violeta

• Ananda
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

HI there,
    A related big has arisen. I have added the zip file as directed however this time when I'm editing a members subscription details. If makes you select another subscription type, overriding the changes you want to make.

Ex.
    Jim is a UK Print Subscriber.
    I want to add Jim to the subscriber/member group 'UK print subscriber'
    I click to add Jim to 'UK print group' & 'save'
    This opens a set of fields inc. start/end
    I want to set Jim's start date to when he gave me the money (say IRL) so that he can access the site etc etc and it will expire after 1 year (ideally prompting him to resubscribe online, or prompting a recurring payment)
    When I set the date, the site makes another subscriber group selection i.e. 'Uk print subscriber 2 year' which overrides my date changes and original subscriber selection.

Not sure what's happening, any help?
    Best,
    K

• Ananda
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I have worked out an interim solution.
    You can make ONE change at time.
    i.e.
    change start date - 'save changes'
    change end date - 'save changes'
    etc

Question: does membership to send expiry reminders to customers and does it do this ahead of actual expiry?

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi Ananda

How are you today?

Question: does membership to send expiry reminders to customers and does it do this ahead of actual expiry?

You can activate the Membership > Add-on > Additional Automated Messages

Then configure the e-mail template at Membership > Settings > Automated Email Responses

Let us know if you need any further help.
    Best Regards,
    Patrick Freitas

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.