Can't add a new user

I am unable to add a new user. Each time I try it adds a blank user id=0 but the name doesn't show in the user list and I can't log in using the login info I just tried to set up. When I set up another user nothing shows up at all, not even a blank line for that user.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings wiscwebwriter,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Thank you for bringing this item to our attention and sorry to see that you are having an issue with the installation.

This is just trying to add a user from within the dashboard?

What are we working with there?
    WordPress 3.4.2?
    MultiSite or Solo?
    Buddy press 1.6.1?
    Theme name?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• wiscwebwriter
    • Flash Drive

Thanks for the reply! It isn't a new install. It is a newer site that I have been working on for a couple of weeks that went live yesterday. The client wants access and I can't add him!

I am using a Solo site version 3.4.2. No BuddyPress. The theme I am using is Studiopress's Focus Child Theme using Genesis Framework.

In addition to deactivating every plugin and the themes (reverting to twenty-eleven) I used a backup from Backup Buddy and set up a new test site but had the same result.

I am at a loss!

• wiscwebwriter
    • Flash Drive

RESOLVED! I am not sure how to close this topic so please advise.

I restored the original construction site which worked/works just fine. Now I just need to successfully migrate that to the actual domain. I have done this many times and never had this problem before. Crossing my fingers that this next attempt is successful!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.