can't add listing from front end

I'm trying to set up the new Directory plugin.

On the front end, I click "sign up" and get this message:

This feature is currently disabled by the system administrator.

I've gone to payment types and selected free (no change) and then paypal (no change).

However, if I am logged in, then sign up changes to " go to profile and add listing".

So... how does one sign up and login?

Thanks
Lori

PS I have the directory set up on a sub site on multi-site. The directory is one of the things we are offering, it is not the only thing. Not sure if that makes any difference.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Lori,

Thanks for providing the screenshot. Yes, that's the setting I was referring to. So with that setting as it is you still are receiving that error message?

That's very strange. Can you let us know roughly the url you're getting when you see the error message? Perhaps something like domain.com/wp-signup.php ?

Thanks,
    David

• lorilr
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

David

This is the url: http://directory.mysite.com/signup/

- where directory is the sub-site? (not sure of correct terminology) I created and mysite is my multi-site network base (again, not sure of correct terminology)

I don't recall creating the page - signup - but maybe I did. It's blank.

Manually going to the url you suggested took me to what appears to be the sign-up for a new site (I have the facebook plugin installed):
    http://screencast.com/t/VC9TZfqB

Thanks
    Lori

PS I wasn't sure about the wpmu membership, have debated it for a while and some recent negative publicity pretty much made me decide against it. I took a chance when you guys had a special price recently and your support of your plugins is worth much more than the price of admission. Glad I took the plunge.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Thanks for the additional information Lori. With the previous version of the plugin, the Directory itself could only be located on the main site. Given there was a recent update to the plugin, I thought that had changed, but I'm going to ask the developer to take a look at this thread just to be sure.

Thanks for your patience!

-David

• lorilr
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I hope that isn't the case - that the directory can only be used on the main site. If so, that greatly impacts what I've been planning to do. Or, at the very least, makes it a whole lot harder as I don't want to use the directory default theme for my site.

Thanks

• szawp
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

i'm looking forward to the response on this as well...

when I am logged out and I click on "sign-up" link in the header it actually sends me to

...subdomain.domain.com/check-out

which is odd, seeing the user shouldn't be "checking-out" but should indeed be "signing up"
    this can be found here: http://www.directory.speakingagent.com

I too hope that we can use directory properly on a subdomain / sub-site

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya guys,

Sorry for the lack of a response here.

I do believe that the directory plugin can work on a sub-site and the /checkout/ link issue you're seeing is a bug that should be fixed in the next version.

I've made sure the developer does come along soon. In the meantime, you might want to check out the new beta version which provides some fixes and extra features. Note that it's unwise to use it on production sites so you might want to start a new test site.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/new-directory-plugin-version-20-beta

Cheers,
    Phil

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem
    was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this
    thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not
    Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU
    DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of
    assistance in the future.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.