Can't assign some of the selection to rule

In visibility settings I try to add rule in checkboxes that depends on a selection or multiples selections of the main form’s 1st part to show and summarise our clients their selections and total amount of it. But I cannot assign some of the selections to that rule. Whatever I try to select as a condition, it shows me different selection (First day: AI for sales…)

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Tibu,

We checked this with the developer, and I’m afraid what you are noticing is expected behaviour, as the values need to be unique, and having the same values would result in anomalies as you have noticed.

At the moment, I’m afraid easiest workaround would be to set unique values for the options so that it appears in the Visibility rules option, could you please check, and see whether setting up unique value fits to your needs?

We have already pinged the developer to see whether there could be any workaround regarding these aspects in the plugin side.

Please do let us know if you have any further query. Have a nice day ahead.

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi there Tibu !

As Nithin mentioned, the way to go is to use unique values in the Select fields option when you need to use such rules based on selected value.

Here’s some technical info so hopefully I can explain why this is happening. Using same values in a Select element’s options is allowed by html. However the rules use javascript, in order to achieve such functionality, even in a custom form without Forminator or similar plugin. I don’t see a way to get the correct option index with javascript as the selectedIndex property is also not the one you would expect, I did test that several times. It always returns the index of the first option that has the same value.

Hope I managed to explain the limitation for this good enough. I would suggest what Nithin already said, to use unique values which would also help recognizing what was selected in the Submissions list of the form.

Kind regards!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.