Can't book my clients to preferred capacity

Hi -- I just noticed that I can't click on a time slot that I know is "available." I have set the hrs and capacity at 3 for this particular service. I tried other services and the same thing happens, even when capacity is set at 6 or even 32. Any idea why I can't select these open time slots?

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi,

Did you see this FAQ?

I am running a website where I am the only service provider. I want to accept more than one appointment for each time slot. Entering higher numbers in "capacity" field in Services tab does not work. Why?
    Please note that Appointments+ is designed to manage available workforce. Capacity field is for limiting the workforce, not for increasing it. You have two alternatives to achieve this: a) Use dummy service providers b) Add these codes in functions.php and modify as required:
    function increase_capacity( $capacity, $service_id, $worker_id ) {
    return 10;
    }
    add_filter( 'app_get_capacity', 'increase_capacity', 10, 3 );

Cheers,
    Hakan

• thesportdr
    • New Recruit

Hakan -
    Thanks for your quick reply but I'm still confused. Can you explain:

a. What is the dummy field for? Would I need a dummy provider for each appointment I want to make that overlaps with time slots?
    b. where is this functions.php code you speak of? I can't seem to locate it and I don't know exactly what I need to modify. I know little about coding but I know that I can pull these things up in my FTP manager and I can edit them in my browser if I knew exactly where and what code to enter (essentially, I want to be able to add up to 32 people at one time, e.g., simultaneously schedule them for 8am).

Thank you very much for your help!

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi,

a. A+ assumes that a service provider can only handle a single provider at a time. I think this is the correct assumption.

However if you want to hack this, you can imitate that you have more than one providers who are connected to yourself, thus you can accept more than the workforce capacity you actually own. Each dummy provider adds you an additional workforce. Like a computer game, isn't it :slight_smile: But obviously it is not practical to add 32 dummy providers.

b. functions.php stays in your current theme folder. For example if you have activated twentyeleven theme /themes/twentyeleven/functions.php file is the one that you are looking for.

As this file is loaded after any plugin, whatever written there overrides other settings.

And the last, but the most important thing is, please note that A+ is designed to manage your workforce(s), in your case you are trying to extend it to 32, so A+ may not be suitable for you. Is it a kind of tour or something? Then you may consider using our Events+ plugin:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/events-plus/

Cheers,
    Hakan

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.

We haven't heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.

Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any ways.

Please feel free to mark this is "Not resolved" in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.

Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.

Cheers
    PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.