Cant bring over BuddyPress profile fields

Is your user synchronization plugin meant to bring over all profile fields and avatars? I can only bring over the in built fields? I see on the info page for this plugin it says it's for buddyPress but can't get it to work. I did make sure I added all the fields and groups on the clean install before doing the sync.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello again @Jasper, I hope you're well today!

I'm afraid that no, User Synchronization does not currently transfer all the user metadata.
    I have however marked this as an official feature request and notified the plugin developer about it.
    Hopefully we'll be able to add this feature.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Jasper
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Great thanks. As I said your plugin started the process and made the job easy. I have most of the profile info and extended fields moved over. Only problems is, this plug can also move over avartars and groups etc, but I don't know how to export group ID's and avatar url paths out of buddypress. I ideally need a clean wp/bp install to solve issues im having with the membership premium plugin. Any ideas?

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Jasper,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your patience.

With the avatar url paths you could just place them all in the same folders in the other site. Is it a problem of the users avatar link still pointing to the old site or getting the avatar into the correct folder?

Cheers,
    Tyler

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello again @Jasper, I hope you're well today!

BuddyPress groups etc change IDs when exported/imported from site to site... The only way the IDs will stay the same is by directly exporting them from the database using phpMyAdmin and then then injecting them in your new database using phpmyadmin again!

I suspect this is the cause of your issues...

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Jasper
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

@Ari, Thanks, I figured it was the user ID's changing that messed up the avatars. It would be good if your User Synchronization developers could either avoid this happening altogether by disabling avatar transfers, or fixing it up so it works, and as I said before, adding what should be a core BP role, and do a proper BP Sync with all the fields, or an import/export plugin. And a way to map over the groups ID's would be fantastic, but a way to at least have these ID's exported into a CSV for each user would help. We all just need this sorted out by someone. I have a site to trasfer as I need a clean install of your Membership plugin, and am still at a lose on how to do it.

• Maniu
    • Developer

Hey @Jasper

User Sync takes care of under metafields but not the one that are stored in custom table(as Buddy Press does it)

I think to get clean site it would be best for you to first install WP and BP on clean site and then replace all user related tables in MySQL. After that you can copy over avatar folder from wp-content files and it should work well as IDs gonna be the same.

Hope that helps somehow,
    Maniu

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.