Cant change default db prefix with defender plugin

Hi,

I have installed defender and all is running well, but im not able to change default database prefix, which its tells me to do.
When i try update its tells me that some metaterm sting already exist, then site is not possible to access any longer, then it show up the wordpress install page.

Anyone seen this problem before?

BR

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Mikkel,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I wasn't able to notice such issue in my site, it seems like your website is working fine now, I wasn't able to notice any WordPress install page as you have mentioned. Are you still having issues? Please advise if I'm missing out anything here?

Could you please enable support access, so that we could change the prefix through the plugin, and see what is the exact error you get? You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know once you enable access, so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Mikkel
      • WP Core Meltdown

Ok,

I just tried again and still having this problem.

See attached image to see the message i got after clicking update.
      When updating site in browser i then get the wordpress install page.

I have granted access so you can try it yourself and i have taking backup of the site.

BR

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Mikkel,

So sorry for the inconvenience you are having. Thanks for granting Support Access. I tried to change the prefix to "udrd" according to your screenshot but it said that the prefix is already in use. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

Then I tried with a different prefix and this time I could regenerate the issue. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

This is really weird and should not happen. I found only one user having this issue last year, but after that, nobody reported this. So this is a very exceptional case.

Chances are there that when processing, the memory runs out, and it blocks the whole script function. Can you please provide us your MySQL Error Log? That will give us valuable insight regarding the issue.

And I'm pinging our developer regarding this as he can give us best idea. But for troubleshooting, we will need your cPanel access credentials. Can you send me a message with your cPanel access credentials through our secure contact form here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ so we can troubleshoot the issue and try to resolve it for good?

Subject: "Attn: Rupok"
    - cPanel Username
    - cPanel Password
    - cPanel Login URL
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant URLs

Select "I have a different question" for your topic. This and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

I'll forward these to our developer and ping him as soon as you send us. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Mikkel,

Thanks a lot for sending your cPanel credentials. I've checked and those are working. I've already forwarded those to our developer and he is currently working on this issue. I believe, he will come up with a solution very soon.

Please keep in mind, our developers work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to check this and provide a solution. I appreciate your patience.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi Mikkel,

I hope you are well today and I'm sorry for the delay.

Hmm, your wp-config.php status is writeable from php check, but when Defender write new data to wp-config.php, it doesn't success.

We can manually update the db prefix, however, I will need to access to your WP Admin, and it is safer if I have an account, instead of staff access. Can you please send in:

- Mark to my attention - ATTN: Hoang Ngo
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

I'm sorry for this inconvenience, and many thanks for your patience.

Best regards,
    Hoang

• Mikkel
      • WP Core Meltdown

Hi Hoang,

I have now sent informations for you.

If there is no way to fix this issue and we need to do it manual, then let me know how you do that, because i have some other sites, which also need to change db prefix, so in case that i broke any of them, it would be good to know how to handle it.

BR

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi BR,

Thanks for sending the credentials. I've checked your cPanel credentials and those are working. I've also pinged our developer regarding this and I believe, he will come up with his valuable feedback here soon.

I appreciate your patience.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Mikkel
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi,

I have now been able to change all db prefixes on all my missing sites.

I found out, that is i remember to go back and reload page it worked for my, i dont know why the problem happened.
    After I saved the new prefix, i got sent to a white screen where i should choose language for wordpress, so i could start installing WP (like when starting a new wp site).
    If i just reload page, the site was broken and nothing worked for me, even if i updated prefixes manually.
    Instead of should return to previous page (where i set the prefix), then i click the dashboard button under Defender menu, then it reloaded the page and everything worked like before changing the prefix.

Thank you for your support!

Best regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.