Can't change header on New Member's site

I can't seem to change header on New Member Test site. It doesn't allow them to put their Site name in. Please help.

• militarymama

PC someone told me about Blog Template I downloaded it and have been working on it for a few hours. It's not making sense. My hubby is a programmer too, and it doesn't make sense to him either.

- I want something super easy for my prosite members as they will mostly be stay at home moms and people who aren't totally comfortable with building their own website.

Maybe I don't have to worry about the "LOOK" of the issue above if I already have a template set up for them.

Can you please walk me through step-by-step how to do the blog template and will this work for my prostie, marketpress, chained payments?

It's going to be like an Etsy type site.

1. Can all the sites basically have the same look ( I don't care if it's a cookie cutter site, I want it super easy customer friendly.)

2. Allow them to change the header or if I have a header they can change the name/color

3. Allow them to add a blog page if they want (Not totally necessary)

4. Allow them to add their products

5. This would already allow me to have the categories set up for them and they just have to choose.As the other way I think it is way to confusing for them, as it was for me to add my categories.

6. I would also like their site to have a "Home" button that will go back to my main site.

7. I understand with chained payments they have to have the cart in their own site and there can't be a main cart on the main page.

Thanks in advance

• PC

Heya MillitaryMama,

The text change you are trying to achieve would be done from in theme options from Appearance >> Theme options

Themes with Theme options have more customization if compared to simple themes and hence the Live preview does not suffice.

I did that and it worked well, screenshot attached.

Regarding the Blog Template issue, I would request and really appreciate, to get best support, if you start a new thread for it. That way we would be able to track both issues separately and be able to assist in a better way !

Please advise.

Cheers
    PC

• Kimberly

Hi!

Just checking in :slight_smile:

I'm guessing that because we haven't heard back from you that you've got your issue worked out or that we have reached the end of our convo here. If you are still having problems or need any other answers on this particular topic please feel free to come back to this thread at anytime. Just be sure to mark it Not Resolved so we don't miss it!

This ticket is only being Resolved due to lack of activity. It is by no means an action to avoid, brush off or minimize your issue. We are ready and here if you want to re-open at any time and I apologize in advance for any lack of communication if this ticket is being closed in error.

Thanks for using the WPMU Community!

Best,
    Kimberly