Can't change settings after setting them wrong

Hello,
I get error warnigs from this plugin. They tell me to change settings - but I can't access settings any more.
1. message says: "Conflict warning: You'll need to turn off one of the past events expiry add-ons."
2. message says: "You do not have MANUALPAYMENTBUTTON keyword in the Instructions field. This means there will be no button and user will not be able to inform you that he/she made a payment, which in turn means that Manual Payment will be practically useless."

So, how do I reset the settings ?
And how to implement MANUALPAYMENTBUTTON ?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi @MegaWork,

Hope you're doing well today.

Notifications you are seeing are simply pointing out that there's something not setup properly, however this notifications should not prevent you from accessing your settings so it looks like there's a different issue here.

Could you try enabling wp_debug in your wp-config.php and try opening the settings page then, it should show some errors after that which should tell us what it going on.

When we get your settings up and running again what you would need to do is go to Events > Settings > Add-ons and disable either "Expire last month events" or "Immediately expire past events" add-on, this will remove the "Conflict warning" you are seeing.

As for the MANUALPAYMENTBUTTON notification what you need to do is go to Events > Settings > Manual Payment settings tab and in instructions field just paste MANUALPAYMENTBUTTON and save changes.

Please let us know of the errors you are seeing.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• MegaWork

Hello @Predrag: I've done as you suggested and this is the response:

Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use __construct() instead.
    . in / … /wp-includes/functions.php on line 3457
    Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use __construct() instead.
    . in / … /wp-includes/functions.php on line 3457

I hope this tells you something, because I am clueless.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello MegWork,

I hope you're well today!

What you got with WP debugging enabled is just another notice which also shouldn't prevent you from getting access to settings. However, I'd like to take a closer look at your setup so would you mind granting me a support access via our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin?

To do this, please follow this guide:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Let me know here when you're ready, please :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Mirko!

Thanks for granting an access. I have inspected your site and was able to replicate warnings on my own setup. As I suspected it didn't prevent settings from being accessible. This leads me to conclusion that most likely the main culprit here is either a plugin conflict or something else (e.g. some other changes made to the site) went wrong on your setup.

However, I think we could start with disabling "expiry add-ons" and then proceed further if necessary.

Warning: this requires operating on raw data in WP database. Please make full backup of your current database before giving this a try!

In order to disable expiry add-ons:

- access your site's database with phpMyAdmin or similar mySQL manager
    - open "wp_options" table (I'll be using default "wp_" prefix here)
    - search for

option_name LIKE %eab%

- on results list find and then edit "eab_activated_plugins" option
    - you should see serialized data similar to this:

a:3:{i:0;s:31:"eab-events-next-event-shortcode";i:1;s:34:"eab-events-expire_month_old_events";i:2;s:29:"eab-events-expire_past_events";}

Please note, that this may look a bit different on your setup depending on add-ons you have previously enabled.

- carefuly remove these strings:

i:1;s:34:"eab-events-expire_month_old_events";

i:2;s:29:"eab-events-expire_past_events";

Make sure that you did not change and/or remove anything else here.

- save data and check your site.

Let me know if it worked please!
    Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Mirko,

Could you try disabling your cred-frontend-editor plugin as I can see it showing in some warnings.

If that doesn't give any results could you provide us with FTP access so we can investigate this further?

You can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ and the template below:

IMPORTANT: Make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic so it doesn't go back to forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Subject: "Attn: Predrag Dubajic"
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

Best regards,
    Predrag

• MegaWork

Hello again!

Just checked the error log and found some more information:

[07-Dec-2015 10:46:40 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: __default__ in /kunden/68960_87437/wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/lib/plugins/eab-events-colors.php on line 163
    [07-Dec-2015 10:46:40 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: __default__ in /kunden/68960_87437/wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/lib/plugins/eab-events-colors.php on line 164
    [07-Dec-2015 10:46:40 UTC] PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant label - assumed 'label' in /kunden/68960_87437/wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/lib/plugins/eab-rsvps-additional_registration_fields.php on line 196
    [07-Dec-2015 10:46:40 UTC] PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant type - assumed 'type' in /kunden/68960_87437/wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/lib/plugins/eab-rsvps-additional_registration_fields.php on line 196
    [07-Dec-2015 10:46:40 UTC] PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant required - assumed 'required' in /kunden/68960_87437/wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/lib/plugins/eab-rsvps-additional_registration_fields.php on line 198
    [07-Dec-2015 10:46:40 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function escape() in /kunden/68960_87437/wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/lib/plugins/eab-rsvps-additional_registration_fields.php on line 199

Maybe this helps better!

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Mirko,

That fatal errors is definitely reason you are not seeing the settings and it's related to additional registration fields add-on but nothing I try on my installation shows this error for me.

If you could provide us with login details following the instructions from my previous comment I would like to get some developers to have a look at your installation and see what could be causing this.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Mirko,

I have removed the line in code that was causing the issue, that brought up the settings where I disabled "Additional registration fields" add-on and have now reverted the code to it's original state, however activating the add-on again would cause the issue again.
    So, before activating the add-on again can you contact your host and ask them to enable short tag php, after that it should work normally.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Ash

Hello Mirko

This happens because your server has asp tag enabled, either you need to disable or add the following line in your htaccess:

php_flag asp_tags off

We do have another option, please go to /wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/lib/plugins/eab-rsvps-additional_registration_fields.php line no 194 to 223 and replace the following:

<script id="eab-arf-additional_fields-template" type="text/template">
    	<div class="eab-arf-field">
    		<b><%= label %></b> <em><small>(<%= type %>)</small></em>
    		<br />
    		<?php echo esc_html('Required', Eab_EventsHub::TEXT_DOMAIN); ?>: <b><%= required ? '<?php echo esc_js(__("Yes", Eab_EventsHub::TEXT_DOMAIN)); ?>' : '<?php echo esc_js(__("No", Eab_EventsHub::TEXT_DOMAIN)); ?>' %></b>
    		<input type="hidden" name="eab-arf-additional_fields[]" value="<%= escape(_value) %>" />
    		<a href="#remove" class="eab-arf-additional_fields-remove"><?php echo esc_html('Remove', Eab_EventsHub::TEXT_DOMAIN); ?></a>
    	</div>
    </script>
    <script>
    (function ($) {

var tpl = $("#eab-arf-additional_fields-template").html();

function add_new_field () {
    	var $new_fields = $("#eab-arf-new_additional_field").find("input,select"),
    		$root = $("#eab-arf-additional_fields"),
    		data = {}
    	;
    	$new_fields.each(function () {
    		var $me = $(this),
    			name = $me.attr("id").replace(/eab-arf-new_additional_field-/, ''),
    			value = $me.is(":checkbox") ? $me.is(":checked") : $me.val()
    		;
    		data[name] = value;
    	});
    	data._value = JSON.stringify(data);
    	$root.append( _.template( tpl )( data ) );
    	return false;
    }

with

<script id="eab-arf-additional_fields-template" type="text/template">
    	<div class="eab-arf-field">
    		<b>{{= label }}</b> <em><small>({{= type }})</small></em>
    		<br />
    		<?php echo esc_html('Required', Eab_EventsHub::TEXT_DOMAIN); ?>: <b>{{= required ? '<?php echo esc_js(__("Yes", Eab_EventsHub::TEXT_DOMAIN)); ?>' : '<?php echo esc_js(__("No", Eab_EventsHub::TEXT_DOMAIN)); ?>' }}</b>
    		<input type="hidden" name="eab-arf-additional_fields[]" value="{{= escape(_value) }}" />
    		<a href="#remove" class="eab-arf-additional_fields-remove"><?php echo esc_html('Remove', Eab_EventsHub::TEXT_DOMAIN); ?></a>
    	</div>
    </script>
    <script>
    (function ($) {

var WPMU_UnderscoreSettingsOverride = {
            evaluate: /\{\{(.+?)\}\}/gim,
            interpolate: /\{\{=(.+?)\}\}/gim,
            escape: /\{\{-(.+?)\}\}/gim
        };

var tpl = $("#eab-arf-additional_fields-template").html();

function add_new_field () {
    	var $new_fields = $("#eab-arf-new_additional_field").find("input,select"),
    		$root = $("#eab-arf-additional_fields"),
    		data = {}
    	;
    	$new_fields.each(function () {
    		var $me = $(this),
    			name = $me.attr("id").replace(/eab-arf-new_additional_field-/, ''),
    			value = $me.is(":checkbox") ? $me.is(":checked") : $me.val()
    		;
    		data[name] = value;
    	});
    	data._value = JSON.stringify(data);
    	$root.append( _.template( tpl, WPMU_UnderscoreSettingsOverride )( data ) );
    	return false;
    }

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash