Cant change theme info in Upfront builder

Hi,

On my multisite i have installed the upfront builder.
Its not network activated, only activated for the subsite where im using it.

I have started creating my theme, but when i want to change the theme info now, then its told me: Oops, something went wrong with processing your request.
Changes is not saved.

I can go to builder and work with the theme without any problems, but im not allowed to change the theme info.

Any idea why this happens?

Best regards,

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Mikkel,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I'm guessing that the theme in question is currently active on your site, is that right?

In order to change its info, please switch temporarily to other Upfront theme (it has to be an Upfront theme, otherwise Upfront Builder will not be available) and then try editing it again. I was able to replicate that on my end and that way it should work.

Having that said, I'm not sure whether it's on purpose or a bug so I'm reporting this to the developers. If it's a bug, they'll pinpoint the reason and fix that and if it's not, I'll make sure that they change the error message so it would clearly state that this is not possible while the theme is active.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Mikkel

Hi Adam,

Your right, the theme was active.
      After switching to another upfront theme i was able to change the theme info.

Did you know if there is any plans to make Upfront working without having an active Upfront theme?

I think i would like to offer my users to use Upfront to make there subsites looking better, but i think thats a problem that they need to activate Upfront theme first and then not able to use the site before their own theme is finished.

BR

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Mikkel!

I'm not sure if there are plans to make Upfront Builder "independent" of Upfront. Or rather, if that is possible. Upfront Builder is based on Upfront and is using Upfront's "engine" so I'm not sure how that would work "technically". It's a good idea though so "just in case it was possible" I think it would be great if you could post that suggestion as a separate thread in our "Features & Feedback" forum so other members could vote for it :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.